Reach Firmware 26 Beta 2 is out for all devices

Today I was in the field and did my first test with legacy RTCM3 messages.
The result was not good for me.
Besides emlid M2 I have two other gnss receivers, one legacy novatel oemv gps+glo and one new hemisphere gps+glo+gal+bei.
Neither of the two receivers were able to fix with RTCM3 messages. In fact both receiver stayed single or autonomous. I had the same problem with the stable firmware and msm4 messages with hemisphere receiver.
The workflow is to set the emlid M2 base to send the corrections to the emlid caster and the rover(s) connect to the caster.
A second test in another site was almost successful.
In this test I was using the emlid as base station and the novatel also as base station. Both base stations was sending the corrections to the emlid caster. Then i used the hemisphere as rover and was switching between bases to check the behaviour of the rover. The rover worked as it should with novatel base but not with the emlid base. With the emlid base the rover was reporting single solution. Then i was messing with the legacy messages of the emlid and at some point it managed to fix only with msm4 messages but never with legacy rtcm3.
Then rebooted the emlid in order to do the workflow from scratch and the rover didn’t work this time even with msm4. It stayed single.
So I think that there is some stupid bug on the data emlid sends that doesn’t allow 3rd party rover(s) to receive the corrections properly. With the stable firmware I had also a couple of successful connections between emlid base and 3rd party rover but most of the time it was unsuccessful.
I’ll wait other users to report their experience and i hope to solve the mystery!!

1 Like