Reach directly to network switch ethernet port?

Hi!

We have cases in which we need to connect Reach directly to the ethernet port. I am having huge problems to do that. Have been able to see the virtual ethernet-connection in Windows 10 when connecting with USB-cable, but that just is not enought. So the setup would be:
Reach -> usb-otg-cable -> usb-ethernet-adapter -> network switch (different IP space than 192.168.2.1/24). Reach should be available through the network as a TCP server. in One network we are actually having 7 reach-modules.

Does anyone have any ideas about the approach? I have read some previous posts about somewhat similar problems but didn´t come any smarter.

Hoping for quick replies as we are in great hurry!

BR,
Pekka Silen

Have you tried this and then have a device between reach and the network cable?

Doesn´t too any good. I can connect Reach to PC with usb-virtual ethernet and get it work like an ethernet connection towards reach. But what I can´t do, is to get Reach to connect LAN via ethernet.
Reach act as an ethernet adapter FOR MY PC. I would need Reach to use it´s ethernet capabilities to communicate to LAN.

You need to make brigde connection between the reach network adapter and the lan network adapter you have under network settings in windows.
I think there was i discussion whether connecting reach directly to Lan is ok or not.

That would be good idea if i had any computers in the machine that the reach is supposed to be :slight_smile:
Thing is, that the wireless network is running @ 60Ghz. 2.4G is not an option. Only thing that seems reasonable would be to connect reach directly to the network switch right next to it. Why is it so damn hard to do? :slight_smile:

You can use USB-OTG cable and plug a USB to Ethernet adapter into it. That should do it. Note that you will need to supply power through one of the DF13 connectors.

3 Likes

My bad. Thought you were going through a computer. But Igor :point_up:️ posted a solution that works :blush:

Did the trick! Cheers!

1 Like