I had a problem with my RX2 not connecting to my Mount Point.
It turns out this was my problem and how work around it.
I must have my Wifi hotspot turned on and working BEFORE I turn on my RX2 or RX+.
If I turn on the RX2 or RX+ first and then turn on my Wifi hotspot, it will not connect to my Mount Point (I use Emlid Caster).
I found this out the hard way after putting in support for no connection to Emlid Caster.
I use Tmobile, both a Wifi Hotspot and LTE phone with a hotspot. They both need to have the hot spot on and ready before turning on the RS2 and RS+.
Maybe the receiver enters hotspot mode if it didn’t find any wifi networks. That’s why it cant connect to the emlid caster. It happened to me frequently with my M2.
As for the OP I think he didn’t do much testing with other casters or other sim cards from other carriers. Maybe his carrier has some restrictions.
My problem was not this.
If I turned on my Emlid units first and then connected to the Wifi hotspot, I could not connect to the Mount Point.
I was connected to the Wifi Hotspot and and Emlids were not in Hot Spot mode.
I found all of this out for my case through testing various scenarios.
I think you mean RS2 and RS+ right? The OP is talking about the RX which is completely different and meant to run via bluetooth connection to a data-enabled device. You don’t need a hotspot or data on the receiver. You can connect it via Wi-Fi but that is an extra step IMO.
Not sure if this is also an issue with RX, but our R2 will only connect to NTRIP corrections when the hotspot is connected via 2.4 GHz, not 5.1 GHz ( so we shut off the 5.1 completely on the hotspots). Hope that helps.
This is a good point that is not well known. I recently HAD to start using an iPhone 14 Pro for my new employer so it is now my only source of data in the field. It has a setting for compatibility which I haven’t taken the time to figure out what exactly it is but with the notification that devices could get slower I assume it is forcing 2.4GHz and has to be turned on for the RS2+ to connect and be accessible over the network. Nonetheless it would not connect to RTKNET as it never reported receiving corrections. This is a nice thing about the RX connecting BLE and using the device native data connection.
I don’t know where you are but 5G cellular in Central Texas is very inconsistent and latent. When you get a solid connection you can get up to 500mbps but if I don’t have at least 2-3 bars it becomes so latent that it effectively doesn’t work. It is getting better but very slowly. It was also very apparent that when 5G was released that 4G was adversely affected and has not gotten any better. I suspect it will eventually be reserved for IoT but we’ll see.