Reach Best Vertical Accuracy

Hello good morning.
I have to integrate in my geological survey project a new GPS RTK system. I will use the system in “static mode”. A Reach used as Base and another as Rover. Fixed in the same position. I need to calculate any change in position. I can have windows of measurement of 1 hours because after this the power consumation of Reach is incompatible with my stand alone outdoor survey system.
What vertical accuracy do I have to expect in these conditions? Any indication?

Regards

You can add power to the reach via the USB or the DF13 connector so unsure why your window is limited to 1 hr. If you plug the reach into a 20,000MAH battery pack it will run (practically) forever.

In one hour I would expect +/- 1cm using a geodetic reference station within 10km.
Data below was collected with a 9.7km baseline but processed with a very low (5 degree) mask angle as I had a clear site.

OOPS this was process as kinematic not static… doing it again, but errrr, better…

There how about that?

It would improve a lot over the next couple of hours.

Very interesting.

So what is the really average consumption when the GPS work. If is 200mA a battery pack of 20000mA run for 100 hours. I am studing and devellopping a stand alone solution with solar panel power. So for me it’s important the power consumption.

The precision is interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.