Reach battery level

Hello,

I’m using reach RTK module with ReachView v2.9.1-10.
The module is powered with an USB power bank.
I didn’t find in Reachview any information about power status.
Is there a way to check the battery level from a command line (ssh) interface ?
I notice in the doc that the LED blink magenta every 10-15s when the power is low, so I suppose there is somewhere in the linux filesystem a file with battery level.

Regards

Pierre

Reach RS has internal battery and will show power level using built-in circuitry.

Reach module has no battery, and as such, no power level circuitry.

If you have a USB power bank and it provides power level status through the USB cable then yes, you could use a command on Reach to access it.

My power bank does not communicate over USB. It only provides power. So my power level status comes from 4 blue LEDs on the USB power bank:

What you could do is calculate how long your USB power bank will last with a 200mA draw. Then write a timer script which starts at boot and reports estimated power level remaining.

The downside to this is that the script would always assume the battery starts out fully charged.

2 Likes

Thanks !
I wanted to check the battery remotely.
Nevertheless, with 200mA draw end 2500 mAh power bank, it should last at least 10 hours, so It is not really an issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.