Reach base with dumb rover

I am new to RTK. I cannot modify our rover solution we have deployed now. But we would like to improve the accuracy of its position. We currently receive the rover’s current GPS, compass, gyro, , etc… data over Mavlink. It uses a DF13- 5P GPS, etc… Would it be possible to use a Reach in just the base station only to improve in real time the data sent from the non-reach Rover. If so, how is this setup accomplished with the base-only Reach? Which types of data is needed and where (interface?) do I feed the base-only Reach to get a more accurate position output from the base-only Reach? I can code all that may be needed on the base computer to build any interconnections if needed.

Hello,

I am not sure, what kind of solution you have already so it’s hard to give any tips. What I can say is, all RTK-related calculations are performed on the Rover device, base only transmits corrections. If you want to use Reach as a base only, you will need some kind of a computer to run RTKLIB and rover calculations.

Yes, the base-only Reach would be communicating with a PC and the rover data would be sent there too. What would the functions be to use this data to have the Reach correct the rover data? Is there an example?

Well, you can RTKNAVI on the pc. RTKLIB docs will help

I am sorry as I don’t think I made my message was very clear.
I understand that the Rover needs information from the Reach Base and possible correction information from a NTRIP client to provide a RTK solution. But is also needs information from the GPS radio receiver itself (in our case a uBlox).
My issue is that the moving GPS radio receiver and the Rover processor are separated too!
I need to read the read data from the moving GPS and put it into a non-standard transport to get it to the Rover processor. Then read this non-standard transport to put it back into a format that the Rover will accept.
I only want to do this for messages that the Rover processor actually needs from the moving GPS radio. This is why I would like to understand specifically which messages these are from the GPS radio?
Thanks

RTCM3 messages from the web-interface, the more the better, as long as the correction link allows this. 1002 and 1006 are required, as they provide GPS observations and base station information.

I am sorry as I don’t think I made my message was very clear.

I understand that the Rover needs information from the Reach Base and possible correction information from a NTRIP client to provide a RTK solution. But is also needs information from the GPS radio receiver itself (in our case a uBlox).

My issue is that the moving GPS radio receiver and the Rover processor are separated too!I need to read the read data from the moving GPS and put it into a non-standard transport to get it to the Rover processor. Then read this non-standard transport to put it back into a format that the Rover will accept.

I only want to do this for messages that the Rover processor actually needs from the moving GPS radio. This is why I would like to understand specifically which messages these are from the GPS radio? I don’t want to have to transcode everything the radio can send out.

Thanks

A part I also don’t understand is that it seems like the Rover processor needs two input streams: 1) data from the GPS radio receiver (uBlox specific raw data perhaps), 2) correction data from the Reach Base. But the Rover process only seems to accept one source of input data?