RCIO firmware update issue

Hey Polina,

So my raspberry pi arrived and I even connected it to another wifi, but still failed. Could it be due to Navio? Any suggestions? I will try to do some debuggging and get back to you.

Hi Abdul,

May I ask you to elaborate on this? Do the same issues with RCIO firmware update issues or the Wi-Fi connection occur?

Please, keep us posted on the results of your tests.

With Wi-Fi.

Hi Abdul,

Do I understand correctly that your new board has the same LED status as the previous one?

May I ask you to specify every step you take to connect to the Wi-Fi in the detail? The step-by-step explanation is essential for us to understand what goes wrong on which stage. At the moment, there’s not enough information for me to provide you with any certain advice.

Hey,

So I formatted the SD card first with Etcher and Rasbian image from the Emlid website. After that I edit the wifi page with Notebook++ and enter my wifi credentials. Afterwards, I plug it into the RPi and turn it on.

Hi Abdul,

Have you tried either ssh pi@navio.local on Mac or Linux or typing navio.local in Putty on Windows?

No, let me do it and get back on it to you.

So @polina.buriak, after screwing out the Navio from the RPi, buying a new SD card and a new RPi, I was able to connect it to my internet. After screwing the Navio back in, it simply failed to boot after a few secs (the green light wouldn’t show anymore, the red would simply remain.). After a minute of Navio being screwed in, I touched the surface of it, and it burned my hand. It was hot.

Now I know, all along, the problem was with Navio. So what should I do?

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for all the tests and your help in troubleshooting!

May I ask you to contact us on support@emlid.com? Please, provide the date and number of your order and the shipping address.

Done