RC Channel Not Allowing Arming

I am unable to Arm as a result of various RC related errors. Anyone know why?

I have Navio on Pi3 with Arducopter v3.6.5 and using joystick as my radio controller.

I am doing these steps:

1. Power Navio/Pi3 with battery
  2. From Actions > Joystick menu, map channel to controller axis.
  3. Perform Radio Calibration. Control sweep confirms the channel to controller axis is correct.
  4. Select Arm (Actions > Arm/Disarm)

Pop-up shows issue with all RC channel 1-16.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I was able to clear RC5 to RC16 by setting the RCx_TRIM parameter equal to RCx_MIN in MissionPlanner (Config/Tuning > Full Parameter List).

But RC1_TRIM to RC4_TRIM are controlled by joystick so I am unsure how that can corrected.

Hi @vnpathak,

What joystick model do you have?

Can you please try to manually change RC1_MIN to 1101 and RC1_MAX to 1901 (and then repeat for RC2_, RC3_ and RC4_ max/min parameters)?

Joystick is Logitech Fore3dPro.

With 1101 and 1901 values for RC1-4, it worked just fine. I think the controller is kind of flaky for these cases.

But for RC5-16, as noted, if I set RCx_TRIM to within a valid range as noted in the parameter’s description, things just work fine.

I think Mission Planner is not recognizing that these channels are not connect. I have “None” selected for the given channel in the joystick setup menu. Is there something else I need to do to tell GCS that I am not using those channels?

Hi @vnpathak,

I think you can try RCMAP feature to disable these channels in Mission Planner. I’d recommend checking Ardupilot docs for more related info.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.