Raspberry Pi not connecting to WiFi

I have successfully installed Arduplane via Keyboard and HDMI on a new Navio2 and Raspberry Pi 3. I have had no success with getting the RP3 to connect to my home wifi network.

I have edited the correct conf file as per the documentation and it all correct as far as I can see:

country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid=“Dornan”
psk=“xxxxxxxxxxxxx”
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

I am using an Airport Extreme so I assume the last line is correct for this. Networks scans are not showing the RP3 as a client with a hostname of ‘navio’. In fact I power down and re-scan and there is no change in the number of IPs so I definitely know nothing is working.

I must confess I am stumped. I am not hugely experienced with RP3 so any pointers would be helpful.

The answer to my problem. Mac curly double quotes needed to be replaced by Windows double quotes.

For those not familiar with Rasp Pi and who are coming from a Pixhawk direction I think you probably need to add this to the documentation.

You probably should throw a link into some tutorial for Raspberry Pi for Dummies – I assume they are out there!

Aw, noted! Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion. I don’t know how it slipped through for all these years.

As a matter of fact, I’ve been using Mac for a couple of years now, and haven’t spotted this issue, either. Might’ve been a coincidence that my locales ru_RU.UTF-8 and en_US.UTF-8 have worked without any problems.

Either way, thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.