Raspberry Pi Configuration with Ubuntu 22.04 and ArduPilot: Guide for Using the Navio2 Board

Good morning!

I am currently working on a project to develop an aquatic drone using Navio2 and Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately, I am unable to use the recommended operating system by the Navio2 manufacturer (Raspberry Pi configuration | Navio2 ) as I need to use Ubuntu 22.04 in order to include nodes in ROS2.

Although I have found information on how to build the code on Raspberry Pi (Building for NAVIO2 on RPi3 — Dev documentation ), I haven’t been able to configure the connection with my ground station or execute the code I have built. I would greatly appreciate it if someone has any information or advice regarding this.

1 Like

Hi Manuel,

Welcome to the forum!

These instructions explain how you can build ArduPilot firmware from sources on top of the Navio2 image we provide. If you build it on Ubuntu 22.04, it won’t work since it doesn’t contain parts of the software that are responsible for the communication with Navio2 sensors.

I can only suggest trying to create your own Raspberry Pi OS image using our pi-gen tool.

Hi, it is clear from many posts on the community forum that users feel constricted by your custom OS image. If you could please help us understand more about the navio and what it needs to operate maybe we can make it work on ubuntu.
This would help research and im sure getting navio cited in research journals is helpful.

Hi Mostafa,

We can hardly give instructions on how to get it to work with Ubuntu since it’s not a trivial task.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.