Question for new member

• How accurate is your system in real-time, if the Base is set up on a known point? Is post-processing required?
  • Will the GPS system interfere with the other Electronics on the Planes?
  • Will we have to supply the GPS with it’s own Power?
  • Most processing software (Photoscan, Pix4D, etc.) can use the GPS coordinates of the Photos to stitch and generate a 3D model. How can I use the coordinates of the GPS to geo-reference the Photos automatically or is there another way to do it?
    thanks

close to the base, and relative to the base, subcentimeter to 1,5 cm, depending on sat-geometry and SNR. Usually so exact that you can’t afford to be sloppy with the setup of the base.
Post processing is not required for surveys, but you will quite a few advantages of doing it.
If using for geotagging images, Postprocessing is required, as there is no way to sync precise enough on-the-fly.

That I can’t and won’t answer, as lives could be on the line potentially.

You can, but the RS2 has it own battery. M2 requires continuous power.

Yep, but only after post-processing, as the precision otherwise isn’t good enough. Tutorials are available from Emlid.

2 Likes

Hi @lacazet2k,

I just want to supplement the Christian’s answer a bit:

It’s more likely that electronic devices in the aircraft will affect the GNSS signal. As signals from the satellites have low powered strength.

You can connect Reach M+ or Reach M2 to a camera hot shoe connector to record precise time marks of each photo to the raw log. After the flight, you need to post-process the data to get accurate positions for these time marks. Then, you can georeference the images using software such as GeoSetter.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.