Problems with lsm IMU and installing numpy

Hey guys, so I am in the final stage of development of my drone, and I am running into a few problems.

I am trying to create a code in python for the tracking of quaternions on the IMUs, but I am having a problem with the lsm. The mpu works ok, but whenever I tried to use the lsm I get the following msg : AttributeError: LSM9DS1 instance has no attribute ‘initialize’

I wanted to use both at the same time, to give it some redundance to get a more precise measurement, but the lsm is not working right now. Is there any way to solve that?

Another problem that I am having is that I am not being able to install numpy. I simply type "pip install numpy ", it takes a loooong time, gives a looot of messages on the terminal, and at the end it goes to error code 1, and do not install it successfully. Any way that I can solve this? Does it work on a fresh raspbian install? ( Could I have deleted some important stuff accidentally? )

Hello, there!

There’s no Python LSM9DS1 driver at the moment. You should use the latest stable which has numpy installed by default. Numpy is usually installed with APT on Debian, i.e. sudo apt-get install python-numpy.

If you are using python, then you should consider upgrading pip and python.

If you are already using python3, then you can install the numpy using the following code.

python3 -m pip install numpy

Numpy is usually installed with APT on Debian, i.e., sudo apt-get install python-numpy as the community suggests it.

It’s nice if you considered using a python virtual environment.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,