Problem with RINEX header when doing PPP via NRCAN

The problem mentioned here:

on mentioning of frequency 2 in the RINEX headers seems still to cause problems when trying to get Precise Point Positioning (PPP) using the NRCAN web service at:
https://webapp.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/tools-outils/ppp.php?locale=en

Cheers,
Lars

I now managed to get a PPP calculation on https://webapp.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/tools-outils/ppp.php?locale=en after many failed attempts with error message:

Error : CSRS-PPP online was unable to process your submitted RINEX file. Most likely causes are not enough epochs or missing data types.

When using these settings in RTKCONV 2.4.3:
Capture1

the Rinex Header changed from this:

to this:

and this let the PPP web service process the data with a resulting report:

The base station was not optinally setup. and a building North of the location seemingly affected the SNR:

I got this error message:

Warning : Although an antenna record was located in the RINEX file, no phase centre information could be found in the IGS/NGS file for your antenna. Estimated height should be used with caution. Ensure that both the antenna type and the RINEX header record "ANT # / TYPE " are valid.

It is a bit frustrating that the error messages are not necesarily very specific: What to make of

Most likely causes are not enough epochs OR missing data types.

??

In this case, I think it was the date type part and the PPP service got confused about the mention of “C2 L2 D2 S2” in the # / TYPE OF OBSERV line n the Rinex header.

Best regards,
Lars

1 Like

I got another email from NRCan PPP service with the following error message:

Warning : Although an antenna record was located in the RINEX file, no phase centre information could be found in the IGS/NGS file for your antenna. Estimated height should be used with caution. Ensure that both the antenna type and the RINEX header record "ANT # / TYPE " are valid.
Error : Unable to process your submitted RINEX file. The problem will be investigated and you will be informed by e-mail.

Despite this message, they still included the Rapid location report identical to one they sent in the previous email. A bit weird, but I may be informed via email on what is going on as the error message states.

Lars,

I am running a RENIX log this weekend for submission to NRCAN PPP as well. This is an exploration for me and I appreciate you posting your experience trying to use their processing tools with Reach RS data. Will let you know how I make out. I am located very close to the 49th in the foothills of the Rockies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.