Predefined list of values in ReachView 3

Good day,

Reach RS2 - v27.1
ReachView - v.6.8

I need to set up a workflow for our workers to measure utilities. I am wondering if there is a way to create a predefined list of values (maybe a dropdown list) that a surveyor can choose from when measuring at each location. For example, a worker can choose from the list what type of utilities is being measured (hot water, cold water, elecricity, etc.). Furthermore, if one need to measure a hot water pipe, the code would be HP and if the next point is a pipe valve then the code would be HV. These are just examples but in our workflows we use a lot of such coded notation to mark different things when they are measured. Anyone has any solution to that? So far it seems that everything must be written manually in the “Description” field in Riechview.

Cheers

Hi Mykola,

It’s in our roadmap, and I agree feature codes can be a great ReachView 3 feature in the future :slight_smile: Do you see it as the default list of codes you can choose from or custom code list you create?

1 Like

Superb! I think this feature is very useful and would significantly widen the use of the app. I suppose everyone has it own needs in measuring things and thus a custom predefined list is a great option. As an example from our workflow, workers who measure hot water pipes have various codes corresponding to hot water utilities, such as pipes, valves, different connections, etc. These codes are different from those that are used for example in the electricity. Perhaps the possibility to create custom templates is fine as well.

Hi Mykola,

As an example from our workflow, workers who measure hot water pipes have various codes corresponding to hot water utilities, such as pipes, valves, different connections, etc. These codes are different from those that are used for example in the electricity.

There are really a lot of them! Thanks for sharing your experience. It’s always helpful to look into a real field project to understand how to implement a feature in the best way :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Mykola,

If you are looking at mapping utilities where a point has many attributes that needs to be collected, OnPOZ Collect for iOS and Android might be a solution for you.
OnPOZ Collect is a mapping app that allows to connect with the Emlid receiver for high accuracy positioning. For points you collect you can create data entry form in which you can define many attributes (drop list, media, numeric, conditional, etc). The app will help you to collect accurate GPS data along with attributes. Collected data is displayed on a map view.

If you would like to give it a try, visit the web page at Home | OnPOZ Cloud
With OnPOZ Cloud: define your projects and create data entry forms
With OnPOZ Collect: connect to the Emlid receiver and collect your data

1 Like

Thanks, I will take a look at this solution.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey guys,

Just thought to share an update with you. The codes are now available in Emlid Flow (previously known as ReachView 3) under the Survey plan. So now you can choose codes for different types of objects and use them instead of manually setting this info in the Description field.

You can find more info on how to work with codes in our docs in Working with codes section.

1 Like