Pre-purchase help

Hello,

We have an M600 Pro, and we want to use the Reach RS+ and M+ UAV kit. I understand that direct integration is not possible with the M600.

Can I do this: M600 pro aircraft with gremsy T3 gimbal, RGB Camera (sony alpha or similar) triggered by a mapping app such as PIX4D or similar, and then the Reach system timestamps when the camera shutter is activated. Then I combine the images and position data in post processing?

Does the Reach system have alternative methods of communicating with the camera, such as USB? This would allow me to do the same process with something like a FLIR Duo Pro R.

Thanks
J

1 Like

Hi John,

Welcome to our community!

Can I do this: M600 pro aircraft with gremsy T3 gimbal, RGB Camera (sony alpha or similar) triggered by a mapping app such as PIX4D or similar, and then the Reach system timestamps when the camera shutter is activated.

As far as I know, Gremsy T3 Gimbal has an AUX socket, which has a Trigger and GND pin. If so, it might be possible to connect the Time Mark 1 pin from the Reach’s C1 port to the Trigger pin of Gremsy T3 and GND to GND with a DIY cable to register the time-marks. However, I’d recommend checking the particular pinout with Gremsy support.

If the camera supports the Timelapse feature, we recommend using it as it’s the most straightforward way to trigger the camera. To explore other options, you can check out our Camera triggering guide.

Then I combine the images and position data in post processing?

To calculate the precise image centers’ coordinates after the flight, you need to process raw logs in RTKLib. After you get the coordinates, you can geotag photos with them and upload the data to photogrammetric software. To explore the PPK workflow in detail, you can take a look at our PPK mapping guide.

Does the Reach system have alternative methods of communicating with the camera, such as USB?

The only way to register the precise moments when the camera shutter was activated is to provide Reach M+ with hot shoe access.

Hi Kseniia,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we’ll have to use several work arounds to get the job done for our clients, but it seems doable,

Cheers
John

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.