Ppp tutorial re: antenna height

To all whom it may benefit:

I noticed that in the tutorial there is an opportunity to add antenna height, which is done correctly here, in the RTKCONV options tab

I performed two analyses and submitted them to RCAN.

the first, assuming no antenna, yielded the following result.

the second, for which I added an antenna height in the RTKCONV setting, yielded

Notice the difference between “Ell. Height” and “ARP to Marker.”

Just letting y’all know… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing your results! :slight_smile:

NRCAN can calculate the position even without specifying the antenna height. However, it’s indeed a good practice to add it to the RINEX file header.

1 Like

is this also true for the ppk documentation?

… that I do not need to enter an antenna height for my base station?

Hi Michael,

When you post-process logs in RTKPost, you need to enter the position of your base station in the PositionsBase Station for the centimeter-level accuracy. There, you can specify the antenna height in the Antenna TypeDelta E/N/UU.

If the relative accuracy is enough, you can just process with the RINEX Header Position or Average of Single Position options as described in our guide.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I was wondering about this too. It seems to me from my understanding that whether you account for antenna height or not, the important thing is to remember what exactly the PPP result is representing in your particular work, the height of the reference mark or the height of the antenna. From what I gather, I think knowing the height of the reference mark is very important if you are going to reoccupy the spot as a base for an RTK survey, since the baseline between base and rover takes into account three dimensions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.