PPK use for a long term installation?

Greetings all,
I’m looking into the possibility of switching to a PPK solution from an RTK solution for an application where the rover will be in use for several months, up to a year.

Is the data collected at the time of PPK processing subject to environmental conditions that will change over a long period of time?

Additionally, is the accuracy range of PPK and RTK solutions similar? (assuming the base has a connection to the rover over the area in question)

Thank you!

We have experienced shifts in the data after drastic weather changes. 30F in the morning and 80F in the afternoon. Yeah, that’s what we are getting to deal with now. Ice will probably happen in the next couple of months. That’s why we have all of our machine operators check into a semi-permanent monument we set on each site. The just adjust their hold-downs and keep going.

Hi Joshua,

Sorry it’s so quiet in this thread!

RTK and PPK usually give similar results if the receiver has good satellite visibility during the survey. And their accuracy range is comparable as well.

I wish I could be more specific with the answer. But to be honest, it seems I don’t fully understand your matter. Could you tell me a bit more about your use case? What environmental conditions do you mean?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.