PPK Processing Sample Data Set

Hi all,

I just ordered my Reach and am now patiently waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I thought it would be a good idea to familiarize myself with the post-processing workflow. I’ve been reading a number of different tutorials and project logs, and would like to move on to getting some hands on experience using the various RTKLIB applications.

I am in need of some raw observation data (e.g. basestation, rover, ephemeris) and I was hoping that someone may be either to point me in the right direction to where I may be able to download some, or be willing to share some of their own data.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Adam

Here is one of mine

2 Likes

Thanks @TB_RTK!

Hi everyone, I’m looking for a Reach RS2 sample base observation file, for PPP. @TB_RTK you recently did a video with RS2- can you share sample data from there?

Basically I live in a developing country where there don’t exist any monuments or reliable CORS stations, so I have to create my own known points/monuments using long-term base observations.
I use a Trimble R-9 unit to establish RTX-PP monuments, in the 1.5 x,y, and 3 cm z (global, absolute). I want to buy a couple Emlid Reach RS2 units, but first I want to try passing base data through NR-CAN and RTX-PP to compare PPP outputs.

Here is a base obs. file i did recently. (12 Juli 2019 with Reachview version 2.20.3)
Currently tried with NRCAN (Rapid) 103mm of known point and EzSurv 56mm of known point.
Antenna 134mm above point.

1 Like

When submitting to i.e. NRCAN, please note that some of the most modern signal-types the the RS2 collect are not yet supported.

This is a response from NRCAN:

GPS observations in your Rinex3 file contain C2L signal. The (L) modulation of pseudo range C2 is not supported by our service. That is why the processing of GPS data could not be done.
It is planned to support this and other modulations once specific code biases become available.

Here is the list of currently supported signals:

GPS: C1C L1C C2C L2C C1W L1W C2W L2W
GLONASS : C1C L1C C2C L2C C1P L1P C2P L2P

Note that for Rinex2, the modulation is not specified for C2 signal and it is treated as C2C.

So when submitting to NRCAN from the RS2, make sure you are sending a Rinex 2.11 file only containing GPS+GLO. That should give you the best chance of success.

2 Likes