PPK point correction with CORS

For some post processing and CSRS PPP processing, I’ve found it difficult to identify proper compacted RINEX, compressed RINEX files and expanded RINEX files. I think some File Folders don’t properly identify which is which (WIN10).

For example, some files that are compressed will show up like they are uncompressed, but are really compressed files showing the uncompressed file in the folder view. Confusing to say the least…

Eventually, I find or make the correct expanded file, but have not really pinned down if it is OS related, etc.

Most CORS stations and CSRS-ppp use RINEX 2.11, so you will need the expanded RINEX 2.11 files. Correct me if I’m wrong…

That might be part of my problem, but I’m in the same boat - not sure how to tell what format it’s in.
How do you go about expanding RINEX files? Do you use an additional app for that?

Generally, OS’s come with ZIP programs today. If you don’t have these, they can be downloaded for free.

Some of the RINEX files are saved in a special compact form which may or may not be recognized by the software. If a WORDPAD program shows the file starting with a line reading RINEX2.11 not on the first line, it is probably in the compact format. If it has RINEX 2.11 on the first line it is probably the right file that will work with most of the PPK and NCAN PPP programs. I’m new at this also, so I am having to feel my way along as well.

Okay, thanks for the tip! I’ll see what sense I can make of my files.

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.