PPK not fixing

Hello,
I have a problem trying to fix some PPK data taken with a drone. I want to improve the quality of the results. I got a higher RMS in the .pos file than in events files as you can see in the pictures:

And I can see that the report says that the points are in float solutions:

The data:
Reach Data
Base data
I’ll really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.

best regards,

Ricardo

Hello Ricardo,

TOPAZ PPK gives 97.5% FIXED solutions:

GGA_topaz_1133.log (730.9 KB)
CSV_topaz_1133.log (1.3 MB)

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot, looks much better.

Hi Ricardo,

I’ve checked your data. I noticed the logs contained some cycle slips, and several satellites were close to the horizon. Also, I saw sudden changes in the SNR, which refers to some signal interference. These factors can affect the data quality and, thus, the result of the post-processing.

I also post-processed your data but got similar results. Some settings in Emlid Studio are worth playing with to improve the results—for example, using a Combined filter type, increasing the elevation mask, or excluding some satellites. I also tried it with your data, but it didn’t improve the ratio of FIX solutions much. It also refers to the fact that the data quality wasn’t good enough.

For good data quality, the receiver should have an open, clear sky view to receive satellite signals of good quality. It’s also better to keep the antenna away from other electronic devices to avoid signal interference.

1 Like

Hello,

I was testing topaz and works fine, but there is a way to can obtain the events file to can geotag the pictures?.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Not sure it is supported now. But will be available later for sure. One may track News