PPK Horizontal and Vertical Accuracy on EXIF jpg

¡Hello everyone! I hope you are fine.

I recently found out that in version 1.8 they solved the problem that the program eliminated the camera orientation information. Not now, it only corrects the original coordinates with the corrected ones, maintaining the orientations.

EXCELLENT WORK!!

But I notice that, when uploading the images to the Pix4DMapper program, the vertical and horizontal precision remains as originally estimated, that is, in the order of the meter, and not the centimetric precision of the GNSS processing.

The current solution is to manually estimate the horizontal error at 1cm and the vertical error at 1.5cm, but it would be excellent if the centimetric errors of each photo could be recorded in the EXIF ​​information.

Greetings to all! They do an excellent job in each version.

1 Like

Might be something to do with Pix4DMapper? I’m using Agisoft Metashape and the XYZ accuracies appear in the metadata OK.

Metadata from one of my original files:

Group Tag Value
XMP Rtk Flag 50
XMP Rtk Std Lon 0.01015
XMP Rtk Std Lat 0.01126
XMP Rtk Std Hgt 0.02350
XMP Rtk Diff Age 2.60000

And from the PPK corrected file output by EmlidStudio 1.8:

Group Tag Value
XMP Rtk Flag 50
XMP Rtk Std Lon 0.00240
XMP Rtk Std Lat 0.00260
XMP Rtk Std Hgt 0.00620
XMP Rtk Diff Age 2.60000

This appears in Metashape as

PPK processing done on an iMac2015 using EmlidStudio 1.8

1 Like

Hi @luiscuadrado123,

I am glad you found Emlid Studio useful.

Thanks @ElectroNick for chiming in! Nick is correct. We also save the camera accuracy into the XMP metadata, but this only works for DJI drones for now.

I also want to mention that Metashape has a setting to load the camera accuracy from the XMP metadata. Maybe there’s a similar setting in Pix4DMapper?

Hello everyone.
Firstly, thank you for your response.
I have an AUTEL EVO II PRO RTK drone and indeed, the precisions are not saved in XMP metadata. Both Pix4Dmapper and Metashape, neither of the two programs reads the information correctly. Exploring all the metadata of the images, I can’t find anywhere that the corrected values ​​have been saved

2 Likes

That’s mainly why I use RTN or RTK onsite when flying, I’ve got the same setup as yours. I use Metashape for image processing… it’s great software, the software tweaks are amazing.

2 Likes

Hi Luis,

I have an AUTEL EVO II PRO RTK drone and indeed, the precisions are not saved in XMP metadata.

I see. For now, the XMP support in Emlid Studio 1.8 is for DJI drones. This is probably why the orientation and RTK Std data are not showing in Pix4Dmapper and Metashape.