PPK - convert position file to NMEA GGA and GST

I have an instrument that can get position from a GPS, reading NMEA string (GGA and GST).
When connected in NTRIP the NMEA file is generate from the Reach, so no problems at all.
I would like to be able to do the same with no NTRIP connection, using PPK.
After getting a pos file is there an automated way to generate a NMEA sequence with GGA and GST?
Thanks in advance,
Massimo

Hi @studiodemarchi.net,

In settings in Emlid Studio, you can choose the NMEA0183 in Solution format. After the file is processed you will get a file in NMEA format.

Can you tell me more about your project? Do you use any 3rd-party software to work with NMEA files after?

UPD: Fixed the answer to avoid confusion

I have a 3rd party instrument (Geoslam Horizon) that can correct the trajectory of the scanner using the NMEA strings of an attached GPS.
From RS2 (connected with Ntrip to a correction net) I can easily save the NMEA strings while scanning, and post process the job with the localisation informations. The software asks for GGA and GST sentences.
I was wondering if in case of absent NTRIP connection I might be able to use the pos file generated in ppk mode and covert it to the desired format.
Looking at the pos file I guess a conversion is possible, but I’m wondering if it has already been done.

Thanks,
Massimo

@studiodemarchi.net,

Sorry for the confusion, in settings in Emlid Studio, you can choose the NMEA0183 in Solution format. After the file is processed, you will get a file in NMEA format. Will that work for you?

I also fixed the answer to my previous post.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ll test it.
Cheers,
Massimo

1 Like