Post Processing Individual Coordinates

Hi All,

I need advice regarding individual point processing.

Here’s a short summary about my workflow…

I have an unknown point in the field so my base remains in single position while my rover receives RTK fix from my base. I use a PPK workflow so when I return from the field and get into the lab I correct the Base station with a nearby (10-15km) COORS station. Once I receive my pos file for my now corrected base I open that pos into excel and filter the data to find fix solutions only. I then take the median of the fix solutions and use this coordinate as my corrected base coordinate. I then process the rover and the base together using my corrected base coordinate and get a .pos for my rover. I open the .pos file and open Time Span/Interval. I then use my start and end UTC time for a survey point from my csv surey file and enter them into the start and end time then click run. In the top right corner the ORI value changes, averaging all the points in the designated time interval.

So here’s my question… When I input the Start and End time interval I noticed that at the bottom of RTKplot the Fix solution is not always 100%… For instance it may say 92% Q=1. 8% Q=2. In my case I want centimeter accuracy with my RTK receiver so should I instead zoom into one fixed point on RTk plot and use that as my corrected lat, long for my survey point? Or should I just use the averaged ORI number in the top right corner? From my understanding the ORI is taking the average position of both the Q1 and Q2 in that time interval so would it still be a RTK cm accurate?

2 Likes

i am new to useing RTKLIB for post processing but im right in the middle of figuring it out this week so ill take a stab at your question. so when you do the first step are you processing as kinematic or static?

hmm i guess that works, i dont do it that way but that seems correct, maybe someone else will chime in on that. i post process with the base coordinate i used in the field and then later shift the whole show to match the higher accuracy coordinate pair. in your case you used CORS against your base in my case i use a separate system that allows me to get results from NGS OPUS (CORS).

ill tell you this i have found that you can make RTKLIB give you a file with most records shown as fixed but that doesnt mean they are accurate as they are false fixes.

i am new to useing RTKLIB for post processing but im right in the middle of figuring it out this week so ill take a stab at your question. so when you do the first step are you processing as kinematic or static?

When I process the base unit I’m using static position. When I go and process the rover I make sure I switch the mode to kinematic in RTKLIB

i post process with the base coordinate i used in the field and then later shift the whole show to match the higher accuracy coordinate pair. in your case you used CORS against your base in my case i use a separate system that allows me to get results from NGS OPUS (CORS).

Could you explain your process a little more? What coordinate in the field are you using? Is it the RINEX Header option in the positions tab? How do you find your shift in the corrections and how do you apply it to your false fixes?

sure but remember i am new to the rtklib part of this.

so i set the base on a new monument , to get my coordinates for the base station lets say i average my location using the reachview app. i then start a log on the base and on the rover. maybe ill do some RTK in the field but either way i am going to end up back at the office with rover files, a base file and a low accuracy base coordinate. so what i could do is after i set up my base i could set up my OPUS receiver and log a point or what some other folks do is NTRIP or what your doing which seems fine. either way you end up with a point in your field data set which you consider low accuracy and a coordinate pair for that same physical location that you want to shift to. there are tools in QGIS and elsewhere for doing the shift.

false fixes i am still figureing out, the best products i am getting so far are with DEMO5 from RTKLIBEXPLORER.COM and running the process as combined with continuous.

i should have been better with that url, im working from these materials…

you can find the download link for his version of RTKLIB on his other site

and when i shift i use the Geodesic Transformation Tool from this plugin;
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/shapetools/

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.