Post-processing in Emlid Studio following RTK survey over unknown point

Hi! I’m working with point survey data collected using a Reach RS2 base and rover pair in RTK. The base was set up over an unknown point and its position established using average single position over 20 mins (so no antenna height specified) before points were surveyed using the rover. All settings as specified here: Base and rover setup | Reach RS2/RS2+. The base was logging for a few hours so I’d like to use data from a nearby CORS station to first improve my base position result and then the accuracy of the point survey data from the rover. I’d be grateful for a sense-check on my workflow and antenna-related options in Emlid Studio…

Step 1: Static processing of my base

In Emlid Studio, select Static Processing and run with following:

Static receiver: used raw rinex data from my base here but wasn’t sure whether to specify “no antenna height”, or choose “use antenna height” and set the measured height to 0 m?

Base: used multiple hourly rinex files from CORS station < 15 km away

Navigation: navigation file from my base

Step 2: Kinematic processing of rover data using new base position

In Emlid Studio, select Kinematic Processing and run with following:

Rover: used raw rinex data from my rover here but, again, wasn’t sure whether to specify “no antenna height”, or choose “use antenna height” and set the measured height to 0 m?

Base: specified in lat/lon/height using the POS file for my base generated in Step 1

Navigation: navigation file from my rover

Step 3: Update position of surveyed points using Stop and Go with Emlid Flow

In Emlid Studio, select Stop and Go with Emlid Flow and run with following:

Processing: Skipped this stage as PPK solutions for base and rover already completed

Generating corrected CSV:

Processed solution: used the POS file for my rover generated in Step 2

Project from Emlid Flow: used my original survey csv exported from Emlid Flow

Grateful for thoughts/advice!

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the silence here!

Overall, the workflow looks good to me. As for your questions:

used raw rinex data from my base here but wasn’t sure whether to specify “no antenna height”, or choose “use antenna height” and set the measured height to 0 m?

I’d recommend disabling Antenna height in your workflow. This way, the POS output will contain the coordinates of your base antenna phase center (APC).

Base: specified in lat/lon/height using the POS file for my base generated in Step 1

Rovers need the base APC coordinates for proper processing. So, if your POS file already contains the APC base coordinates, you’ll need to disable the Antenna height for the base here too.

Rover: used raw rinex data from my rover here but, again, wasn’t sure whether to specify “no antenna height”, or choose “use antenna height” and set the measured height to 0 m?

If you’d like to obtain the ground coordinates as a final result, you’ll need to enter the rover’s antenna height at this stage. I’d recommend combining steps 2 and 3 and processing the data in Stop & Go right away. In this case, the antenna height will be automatically taken from the CSV file:

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 19.41.35