Position update rate on REACH module

What is the position update rate of the new REACH module? Can it be user configurable. And if the answer is yes then how does one go about. The Ublox application does not always allow a user to change the position update rate.

1 Like

Update rate is up to 18Hz on single system, can be configured using the web app.

18 Hz sounds very impressive. The Ublox module sometimes do not deliver the updates rates as claimed by them. I hope you have tested you device extensively to validate the claim. By “web app” do you mean RTK lib or some new web app.

Update rate differs depending on enabled systems and messages.
Web app is a configuration front-end for RTKLIB.

How does Web App look like? Please could you post a image. Does the REACH unit come pre-configured to operate at 18 Hz out of the Box or does the user have to configure it all over again. Please let me know.

According to the REACH specifications its going to use U-blox NEO-M8T Glonass/GPS/Beidou with raw data with a position update rate of 18Hz. But when I go to Ublox site and pull up the specifications for U-blox NEO-M8T Glonass/GPS/Beidou which are as follows http://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/u-blox-6-timing-module/neo-m8t-lea-m8t.html
I find that the position update rate for both GPS and GLONASS is 5 Hz and GPS alone is 10 Hz. Please could you clarify this piece of information as to how you are able to achieve 18 Hz using a hardware which only works at 5 and 10 Hz respectively. Thank you.

1 Like

Web app is in progress. Rate can be saved in configuration presets.
Even though datasheet specifies 5/10Hz, in fact U-blox receivers can provide even higher output rate when some messages \ interfaces are disabled. Highest rate I’ve seen on U-blox was 18Hz, that’s why we specify that it’s up to 18Hz.

1 Like

The problem I am facing is how to disable the messages which are not necessary and yet not loose the RTK functionality. The Ublox interface has too many parameters and as an amateur user I donot know which one to use and which one to avoid. 18 Hz RTK is very impressive for a lot of applications. I appreciate your input so far. Thank you.

1 Like

I wonder how Reach can be shipped without any official information about possible update rates for RTK… it is one of the most critical parameters. Any update on this topic is highly welcome!

We have the following options:

1 Like