POLL: Which office software do you use to create deliverables?

Which office software do you use for deliverables?

• AutoCAD (plain vanilla)
  • AutoCAD Map 3D
  • AutoCAD Civil3D
  • MicroSurvey CAD
  • Carlson Survey software
  • LISCAD
  • esri ArcGIS
  • Emlid Flow / Flow 360 / Studio
  • Global Mapper
  • QGIS
  • DroneDeploy
  • Virtual Surveyor
  • Pix4D
  • Traverse PC
  • PC Survey
  • XPAD Office
  • Topcon Magnet Survey
  • Trimble Business Center
  • Leica Infinity
  • other (please reply)
0 voters

Do you use Coordinate Systems and Projections in your software?

• YES
  • NO
0 voters
1 Like

There’s no space allowed for “others” software; I also use Javad Justin 3,NGS PAGES, USNO MICA, AGISOFT METASHAPE, EMLID STUDIO and BRICSCAD

I forgot Global Mapper, Libre Excel, Emlid Studio,Carson Survey and Salsa (Surveyor’s Applications for Least Squares Adjustment (SALSA)). Salsa is really hard to comprehend, but still trying

2 Likes

I also use Agisoft Metashape Pro, Emlid Studio and RedToolbox, Google Earth Pro and also the UK’s OS GridInquestII software on occasion. For drone planning, at the moment it’s primarily DJI Flight Hub 2 and Pilot 2. On occasion I’ll also use Litchi for mission planning. Flight KMLs are output to be added as part of the mission data in case anyone wants to re-fly the mission at a future date.

4 Likes

I too will add Metashape to the list and also Carlson Precision 3D Topo. P3D does most of the heavy lifting as I use it for DTM’ing and inserting ground shots and breaklines into the mesh before creating the final contours.

3 Likes

Also Emlid Studio & Trimble Pathfinder Office (RS3 RINEX base files).

4 Likes

BricsCAD, AgisoftMetashape (a little), Eiva Navipac, QCCalc, Eiva GeoCalc, Excel (so many excels), EmlidStudio, CHC GeoOffice,

5 Likes

Hey Bryan.

I am finding SALSA to be a mind bender as well. How are you finding it? My inital tests have failed with “invalid covariance” errors. The batch script as per @Florian instruction on a thread a while ago was brillaint, but I am having trouble translating the manual into human.

Also, any thoughts on Carlson GNSS? I have trialled it and other than some clunky stuff it works very well I think.

Cheers
Scott

1 Like

Me too @scottmitchell63 ! I’ve been so busy lately with typical boundary surveys I haven’t had the time to really get into it. Maybe in the fall I’ll have more time. It’s not the easiest software to learn or comprehend for that matter !

1 Like