Point positioning - post processing

Hi,

I am using the process RTK with base and Rover, without internet. So, I did my survey using base in average single. Now, I am trying to correct the base coordinates, in the tutorial of EMLID they propose to use a CANADA (NRCAN) web for calculating the correct base data. I try to used the same way but the data that they send me doesn’t work. I cannot open the file because when I try to open the data every time I have the same error: unknown or damaged format. Had someone the same problem?

But, in anyway, I would like to use a free software in order to calculate the correct base coordinates by myself, without using a webpage to calculate the coordinate. Do you know some free software?

When I worked with Leica I used LGO but this is not free. I saw in youtube someone that use EMLID that used Trimble software, but it is not free. I would like use a free software, some suggest? Thanks!

RTKLIB software, you can download on Emlid site

The NRCAN PPP service is very robust and if you use the desktop application, you don’t even need to visit a website. Just drag your properly formatted observation file to the application icon on your desktop and after a few minutes you will have the results in a folder on your hard drive.

I would definitely recommend to try harder to make it work as it is the least effort required to correct static observations for a base.

2 Likes

You can also use TERSUS Geo Office for free .

1 Like

Tried to download documentation and "free’ software, no luck. Apparently their website is not working.

Yes, I think it is in maintenance.
Ok try to download it always from their website here :wink:

I can confirm this, robust and with super uptime.

Hi Isabel,

It seems that you may upload a file in an unsupported format. Please check that you’ve uploaded the raw log in .zip, .gzip, .gz, .Z, .tar, .obs, or .??O.

NRCAN is a PPP service, so it applies ephemerides from IGS to calculate the precise point position using only base raw log. Please note that our RTKLib software, which Bryan suggested, provides PPK options, so it’s used to calculate the precise rover coordinates using both base and rover data.

Edited: Fixed the list of supported formats

Also inteteresting to know is that while a .obs file needs to be inside of a .zip file to upload correctly to the PPP, users can simply change the extension from .obs to .??O and upload the file directly without compression.

Hi Gabriel,

I’ve tested that .obs files can be uploaded fine as well.

That’s great! This is a new feature that they didn’t publicize! It didn’t work before so I’m assuming it has changed in their latest update in October. Their supported upload format list doesn’t even reflect this.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.