Point information on screen

I have successfully imported a CSV file in Point, North, East, Elevation, Description format and all is well.

Is there a way to change the point display to show the description instead of the point number. I understand you can select a point and see its properties but when selecting for the stakeout routine it may be easier to see the descriptions of the points instead of the point number. Maybe once zoomed into the project at a specific magnification the descriptions could appear or have a toggle to switch between point name and description.

2 Likes

Hi Daniel, you could try to switch the description column content and the Point column content in the CSV file before importing it. This is totally a hack and I am not sure that works :sweat_smile: I guess ReachView expects unique values in the Point column, so be careful not having duplicates in the original Description column if you try that.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

We don’t have a display configuring in the app to switch between points’ properties. However, I agree with @Florian’s trick suggestion. It can be a workaround indeed, take a look at the screenshots :blush:

4 Likes

I understand how to MAKE it work. I am just not a fan of reconfiguring data for one piece of equipment. Too many chances to introduce error.

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,

Now it sounds to me like the feature codes. They are supported by multiple software, so it may help you not reconfigure data for each piece of equipment. It is in our roadmap, but I can hardly provide you with any ETA. We collect such requests from the users, and I’ve noted yours as well.

2 Likes

You can add a ‘Name’ column in your CSV file and put the display labels you want. It worked for me.

2 Likes

Exactly. I can work around for now but eagerly waiting for the addition. Thanks!!

Hi Daniel,

Once we have an update regarding this, I’ll let you know!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Dan,

I’m reaching out to you with the news – codes are available in Emlid Flow (formerly Reach View 3) app under the Survey plan! You can find out more about working with codes in our guide.

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new topic or write us to support@emlid.com.