Point coordinates can't change after creation

Hi Emlid Team

Most GNSS Collector Apps I have seen have the ability to change point coordinates after the creation
I hope to add this feature

Thanks

Hi Mustafa,

Can you explain a bit more about how would you like to see it in the Emlid Flow? Do you want to be able to change CS and change point coordinates as a result?

I think they’re trying to say they would like to edit the coordinates of a point. Even if there was a ‘copy point’ button in the edit window that would allow you to create another point and edit the coordinates of the original would be good.

Being able to view the coordinates in the app will be very helpful. Even if we’re unable to edit them. I know you can see the coordinates in the 360 desktop version but not in the app.

Translating and rotating a selected group of points based on the difference in location of points in the project would be fantastic.

2 Likes

Ability to edit point coordinates after creation

@ma24th @mccrawlogan,

Can you provide an example of how this feature is implemented in other collector apps? Is it something like coordinates conversion in the ArcGIS Pro?

1 Like

Logan,

You can view the coordinates of the point in the Emlid Flow.

If you don’t see the coordinates of the point in the Emlid Flow, please check that you’re using the latest version of the application and send me a screenshot of what you see. We will investigate it.

Translating and rotating a selected group of points based on the difference in location of points in the project would be fantastic.

Added this request to our COGO features request list, thank you for specifying!

1 Like

I see it now. I didn’t realize you could drag the window up from the bottom of the screen to see all the point information. I kept trying to go to the list of points to see it from there. Thank you for your quick response.

2 Likes

If you hit the point edit icon,

you can only edit the point name, point description, point code

and there is no way to edit point coordinate

This is FieldGenius from MicroSurvey

You can cleary see the ability to edit point coordinates after creation.

1 Like

I see, you want to be able to change the coordinates of the imported points. Thanks for the example!

Could you tell me in which cases you use this feature? Why is it necessary for you? It will help me to forward your request to our development team.

1 Like

For me, updated location of things (like Manholes, etc.) as designs change. Being able to then be given the new coords over the phone and update that one point (instead of having to delete and add again) would be great.

1 Like

Joe,

Thank you for your clarification. In your case, will this only be used for imported points?

Primarily, I suppose yes. I have in many cases had to manually add points, just to go find the old point and delete it while busy and hands full.
Diligence of this in the field however can be questioned. I’ve had colleagues make this mistake.
Changing a few digits is definitely much better than up to 30, and you can then keep the same point number.

1 Like

Got it! I’ve passed your request on to our development team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.