PixHawk 2 with Reach M2

Hi Andrew; I use Pixhawk2 with M2 for PPK. This cable : Tuffwing: Reach hot shoe time mark cable
feeds 5 Volts directly into Emild M+ hotshoe port. Will it be safe to use on M2?

Hi Andrew;
I am not using this cable; my camera connects direct on hotshoe M2 Port to reduce lost time marks.
When using S1 or S2 ports to feed 5Volts on M2, Time mark peaks only 3 Volts.
If it is safe to feed 5 Volts on Hotshoe ( C1 ) port, signal to noise ratio would be advantageous and probaly reduce lost time marks when using long cables.

This to clarify my question.

Thanks for your expertise,

Hi @Claude,

Welcome to our forum :slight_smile:

You can see on the pinout scheme for Reach M2 that there is a 5V pin for power on the C1 port.

On the Time mark pin, the voltage should always be 3.3 V. Other Voltage values can damage this pin.

1 Like

Many thanks Andrew;

I understand I can feed 5V to one of following : pin 5 of C1 or C2 , or pin 5 of S1 or pin 7 of S2, and time mark pin voltage will always be 3,3 Volts.

Best regards

Claude

@Claude, yes, exactly!

Hi Andrew; just updated M2 from V2.22.3 to V27.1.
Reachview2 gives correct .UBX and .LLH files but .NAV and .OBS files I need for RTKLIB - PPK seems replaced by .21B , .21O and .21P files unusable by rtk_post.qt
Examles: Reach_Raw_202110231338.21B , Reach_Raw_202110231338.21O ,Reach_Raw_202110231338.21P
Could you hepl?

Hi Andrew; I just find the answer now; I simply had to convert UBX into NAV and OBS with RTKLIB CONVERTER that I never used before.
M2 V2.22.3 was converting automatically but M2 V21.1 output is only 21B, 21O and 21P.
Ground simulations are OK now, so I will fly tomorrow.
Best regards

Claude

Hi Claude,

Great that you sorted it out by yourself!

21O is an observations file or .OBS, and 21P is a mixed navigation file or .NAV in RINEX 3.XX. You can use these files for PPK in RTKPost without additional convertation.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.