Pi2 or Pi3 With Navio2

I have a PI2 and a Pi3. Starting to think about batteries and power consumption. Obviously I would like my battery(s) to last as long as possible. Have a 2.1amp, 6800mAh battery that I will use in ground bench testing. Is anyone having trouble with power consumption and Pi3’s? I welcome any comments or observations.

Thank you,
Per
DFW, TX

On a side note, can I use Pi Zero instead of Pi 3?

Yes you can use Pi Zero, just remember that the Pi Zero is much less powerfull.
About the power drawn, please refer to the image.

So I could use it if I remove the video streaming/camera option from my build. Sticking with Pi3 then :smiley:

Thank you Ronildo! Appreciate the insight.

Per
DFW, TX

BTW, How did you get those values? Is there a command I can use in terminal for this?

Per

Go to the page above and search for ‘WHAT ARE THE POWER REQUIREMENTS?’

Also you can always use the Multimeter, if you do not know how to use please see the video below. I hope that helps. Also please forgive my grammar, English is my second language.

@perlovfald Even though Pi3 consumes a little more power than Pi2 I recommend to use Pi3. Currently this is the main platform and we test all Navio2 developments first on it.

@mikhail.avkhimenia Off-topic: Will you consider making a how-to build a quadcopter video on the official Emlid YouTube channel in the future?

Thank you Ronildo, I appreciate and value your insight and experience. By the way, your grammar is great!

Per
DFW, TX

@mikhail.avkhimenia Thanks for the info. Considering the information from @Ronildo and your recommendation I will definitely be using the Pi3 in this project.

Per
DFW, TX