Passthrough FrSky telemetry not working on RP3/Navio2

Hi @farnoul2,

I’m afraid that the passthrough feature of FrSky receivers is not supported by Navio2. However, it still can work just fine in standard mode as listed in our guide.

Thanks Artem for the quick reply !
=> Just to make sure you mean no way to get telemetry on my Taranis X9D, right ?

In order to understand well, what seems confusing to me is that the output signal on Serial2 is generated by ardupilot (protocol10), through a regular UART, so what is different from Protocol2 Mavlink2 then ?
as Navio2 hardware is the same in both cases ?

Hi François,

Thank you for your patience.

You can use the Taranis X9D telemetry in standard mode by commutating it as shown in our guide on hardware integration. Just plug the cable from the onboard FrSky transmitter to the PPM socket:

Hi,

Can I get an update on if this is still not possible with the navio2+rpi via yapuu on the taranis 9xd using sbus?

Hi @S1lv3rH4z3,

Welcome to the community forum!

Navio2 supports SBUS signals as an RC input. You should be able to work with the FrSky receiver when it’s connected to the corresponding pin on the servo rail.

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

Using sbus connected via the Servo rail I can get battery voltage only on the taranis. Is there a guide? Can you define “work with”?

Is there a list somewhere which has the available outputs which should be viewable on the taranis?

I guess there is a misunderstanding here. SBUS is a serial RC control method first used by Futaba. It does not provide any telemetry data. S.port is a Frsky telemetry port used by many of Frskys receivers. It can be used to connect Frsky telemetry sensors or to forward mavlink data from a flightcontroller to the RC transmitter. Ardupilot supports two different methods one older (serial protocol setting 4) and a newer Frsky passtrough (protocl 10) telemetry output. It seems for some reason Navio2 users are stuck with the older version, which transmits less information.

Hi @gm2gabriel,

Yes, it seems we got confused a bit. Navio2 doesn’t support passthrough features at the moment.