Output Nmea (cable) from reach

Hy Guys

it’s possible to output the Nmea string via usb cable ?
I need to connect the reach to a Ladybug camera to acquire video on mobile environment

Thx

Francesco

Francesco,

A more detailed description of what you want to do will help us advise you.

Hy Igor

the idea is to put the ladybug on top of the car and using the reach module to pass the rtk nmea output to the camera to acquire the georeferenced video (low cost mobile mapping)
The control software of ladybug just need a gps input maybe also using bluetooth but I prefer to use a cable

Thx

Francesco

Easiest way for you is to buy a FTDI cable (UART-USB) and connect it to Reach UART. Then direct output stream to ttyMFD2.

Hy Igor
I have a cable uart ot usb see picture

Can you post me a screen shot with the exact config to output nmea

thx

Francesco

Hello Francesco,

You should have something like this:

In case anyone is wondering we will improve experience working with serial I/O in the next ReachView update.

Hy Igor

perform settings but I need to install some driver for usb port ?

… no signal no my laptop…

Thx

Francesco

How are you checking the input?

You will probably need a driver, like this one. Besides that, you will need a program to read COM port input. You can try RealTerm.

Hy

sorry but I’m not expert on that my idea is just plug and play …

anyway with this software I can pass the nmea string to other software like arcgis for example ?..

thx

Francesco

Do you have some information about the usb to serial that you are using? You will need a driver for it. How have you wired everything inside?

Hy
I use the schema present on doc on page “connecting uart radio” isn’t correct ?

I’m not built by mysaelf but I ask to other people to create the connection (this is not my job )

Francesco

Well, it is hard to help you without knowing which exactly model of usb to uart converter you are using. Have you installed driver for it? How are you testing?

Hy sorrry

I try to explain
I use one of the cable present in the kit that you send me where in one side is present the uart connector and on the other part I connect the usb using this schema present on reach doc http://docs.emlid.com/reach/hardware-integration/#connecting-usb-radio

I hope that my action is cleare (I don’t know if totally wrong or not )

Francesco

You have simply connected wires from serial port to USB connector? It will not work. You need “usb to serial adapter” , keywords include “ft232”, “cp2104”.

Hy
ok thx for info
when do you think that bluetooth output will be available ?

Francesco

Approximately within two weeks.

good

ciao