OPUS Now processing multi-GNSS constellations!

OPUS Now processing multi-GNSS constellations!

For use in the US.
It is in BETA stage now.
OPUS BETA -S 5.0 M-PAGES - Now processing multi-GNSS constellations!

OPUS: Online Positioning User Service
https://beta.ngs.noaa.gov/OPUS/

Now processing multi-GNSS constellations!
success! NEW! Upgraded processor now uses GPS + GLONASS + Galileo, etc.,
with minor updates to email, XML formats. Please check it out below and provide your feedback!

OPUS-S is currently undergoing BETA testing. Due to limited BETA server resources, please restrict submissions to no more than 10 files at a time. Not following these guidelines means that your files may be quarantined or deleted.

It can only use the data file of dual-frequency GNSS observations.
Antenna - choosing wrong may degrade your accuracy.
INTEGRATED GPS/QZSS L1C/A, L2C
constellations allowed GPS GLONASS GALILEO BEIDOU QZSS

The biggest problem is that most of the CORS stations are lacking full multi-GNSS equipment. Most have, at best, only GPS - GLONASS receivers available.

OPUS_ the Online Positioning User Service, process your GNSS data - beta.ngs.noaa.gov

4 Likes

Let’s welcome the United States to the 21st century finally :wink:

3 Likes

No kidding, and we still have a long way to go for full usability! It will probably be another 10 years before all of the stations do the appropriate receiver upgrades…

Not so fast… We haven’t implemented the metric system yet.

We were taught the metric system in grade school and high school. We were told the government would switch in the mid 70’s. Never happened !

I myself prefer the metric system. A lot of people (including surveyors) can’t understand or accept it. It’s no different or difficult from using 10th’s of a foot which we use now.

4 Likes

20.5th century then!

4 Likes

Wow… u r definitely 1 in a million of American surveyors that prefers metric! :woozy_face:

Yes, i agree… METRIC is much easier, straight forward and dumbed down compared to imperial.

But as nobody needs to tell you, imperial is hard coded in American surveyors. Its been imperial since the beginning of time in the USA. It’s something that may never change no matter how much easier metric is. I don’t care either way. It’s all numbers even if a seperate conversion is needed to get to the same thing.

1 Like

Agreed! And pay the most, and receive the least (amongst our peers), into healthcare. But different subject.

3 Likes

United States has been a metric officially but not colloquially since 1893.

1 Like