OPUS error with converted UBX (2)

I converted a UBX observation log in Emlid Studio to a rinex (2.12) file for upload to OPUS.

This was a 6 hour observation and the ES settings were as follows. Note, I tried this twice, once with the 30sec interval checked, and once without. Both received the same error. (that’s why I deleted the earlier thread. I tried again but received the same error.)

This is the error I received from OPUS. I understand that the error OPUS says was the reason may or may not be the actual reason for the failure.

Here is a LINK to the converted observation file. Any obvious reasons why OPUS would not accept this, or perhaps ES is not formatting it correctly as mentioned in the OPUS error?

Thanks,
Dave

Are you able to link the UBX file?

HERE

Thanks. Yeah I’m getting the same as you. I even tried loading the Rinex to AUSPOS and nothing and I couldn’t even get rtklib to recognize the ubx format. Not quite sure. If I get some time later I’ll look some more. Best of luck

I’ve ppk’d this observation with a local CORS/VRS, but was just trying to get a PPP comparison.
Not sure if the the observation is bad, or the file that ES generates is bad.

Thanks for having a look!

Hi Dave,

I’ve converted your UBX log in Emlid Studio using only GPS observations to make it smaller. Also, I’ve turned on the Time rounding option. Other than that, I used the default settings and RINEX 3.03. The data was processed correctly in OPUS. Here is the converted log:

ReachRS2_raw_20230402174212_GPS.23O.zip (6.2 MB)

Hi Ksenilia,

Looks like the same settings that I selected (in my screenshot above). When I get home I’ll try compare your converted file to mine to see if they are the same or different. I think my Emlid Studio is current.

Hi Ksenilia,

I see you used rinex 3.03. I had used rinex 2.12 after reading this post:

Apparently things have flipped since then. Now rinex 2.x.x does not work with OPUS but 3.0.3 worked.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

As I see from the OPUS site, they should accept both RINEX 3 and RINEX 2. So, it’s weird if a RINEX 2 log with the same settings is rejected. But overall, I’d recommend using a RINEX 3.03 log with the OPUS preset. There should be no issues with the data collected this way.