OPUS Error Message of "very noisy" data

I am wondering if anyone could help me resolve the error message that I received when submitting 2 hours and 15 minutes of logged data to OPUS for a “Static” result.

Here is the workflow that I used:
RTK Settings:

1. Position mode: Static
  2. GNSS Select: GPS only
  3. Update Rate: 1 HZ

Logging:

1. Raw data: Rinex 2.10
  2. Raw Data: On

When I submitted the data, I received the following error:
FILE: raw_202006231403.obs OP1592999664594

1009 WARNING! No antenna type was selected. No antenna offsets or
1009 pattern will be applied. Coordinates with reduced accuracy
1009 will be returned for the antenna phase center.
2005 NOTE: The IGS precise and IGS rapid orbits were not available
2005 at processing time. The IGS ultra-rapid orbit was/will be used to
2005 process the data.
9011 OPUS could not process the data file that was submitted. The data was
9011 either very noisy or it was collected in kinematic mode.Or OPUS software
9011 has issue during this time, please reupload later.

Thank you for your guidance.

Can you provide the file?

The file said it was too large to upload, so I have uploaded it to a dropbox link:

http://dropbox.uconn.edu/dropbox?n=raw_202006231403.obs&p=W0RYcyAl9BLJ6l0IZ

1 Like

Hi Zachary,

The Reach M2 uses the L2C data, while OPUS assumes that you output the full stack of the L2 signals including the L2C and L2P. L2C receivers use only 2/3 of constellations, that is why they generally need more time to for successful PPP processing. Also, according to OPUS support, most of the solutions use 70 percent of provided data that is why the longer logging should be safer.

With that being said, according to the OPUS stats from here, for Static PPP, it’s better to record log for more than 4 hours.

Hi Artem,

I am getting a similar OPUS response from my Reach RS+ logs. I believe OPUS utilizes 30-second intervals, but our data is delivered in 1-second intervals. Do we need to post-process the data before uploading to OPUS? Is that why OPUS thinks we are in kinematic mode? Also, doesn’t OPUS require both L1 & L2 bands and our receivers are only single band? Logs attached. Thanks.

raw_202006291233_RINEX-2_10.zip (3.0 MB)

OPUS uses dual frequency data only

So is the RS+ not capable of utilizing OPUS?

Thanks. That is what I thought. It will have to be a CORS solution for me until I get a multi-band receiver. The upside is I will then also have an RTK option. The M2 receiver seems to be an inexpensive solution when coupled with a decent antenna.

I’m not sure if using an American system is a requirement for you, but you could use the NRCan PPP service instead of OPUS as the former will work with single-band observations.

1 Like

I will give it a try, thanks.

Hi John,

As Brian had mentioned, the OPUS requires multi-band observations. The M2 would fit for PPP measurements just fine according to the reviews of our users. Just make sure that you log data for a minimum of 4 hours for successful processing.

The single-band processing is available in NRCAN PPP, but it will not give you the centimeter accurate measurements. You can expect the result to be in the sub-meter range.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thanks again for everyone’s quick response. This forum is great!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.