OPUS 9005 Error

Hi there,

I’m currently trying to submit an RS2 base’s raw data log (link to download from Dropbox) to OPUS and have received the following error:

FILE: UVM_reach12_raw_202207011753.22O OP1657558874344

9005 ERROR! OPUS terminated in one of the processing modules.
9005 The dataset submitted to OPUS cannot be processed. The file
9005 contains data that is very noisy and probably has many data gaps.

During this field session we logged 9 RTK points, with the base set up in an open field (for 3 to 4 hours if I recall - my colleague has the units and I’m not sure how to access their configuration/settings during the session without them) and the rover downhill from the base but in range. The file is in RINEX 3.03 format I believe and came with a .22B and a .22P file as well.

My colleague tried to clip off the ends of the logging session to clean it up, but this didn’t resolve the issue - we’re both at a loss. Could someone speak to why OPUS won’t accept the file, or what circumstances might be making the data too noisy?

EC

See here…Issue with processing file in OPUS - #2 by Zaz5400

1 Like

9005 ERROR! OPUS terminated in one of the processing modules.
9005 The dataset submitted to OPUS cannot be processed. The file
9005 contains data that is very noisy and probably has many data gaps.

Having the same issue. Actually ran a competitor’s unit along side and there are no problems processing through opus. Are there any firmware updates or software updates (other than emlid studio 1.2 which does not work)? I cannot use these if they are not able to provide consistent solutions.

Hi Evan,

It’s better to use preset OPUS for raw data logging in your case. Take a look at the screenshot:

This preset also interpolates log on even seconds, OPUS requires it for processing. To learn more about how to log data for OPUS, you can check our guide.

By any chance, didn’t you record UBX log as backup?

@DanBonenfant, can you share your raw data file? You can do it via support@emlid.com since there can be a sensitive data. Didn’t you use OPUS preset before start?

3 Likes

Hi Kirill,

If I use the OPUS preset, and only select the GPS satellite system, will I still be able to use Stop & Go later on to get the coordinates of the points I collected?

I don’t think we did. Would you recommend doing so in future?

EC

Hi Evan,

There’s a workaround for your use case: you can record UBX log along with the RINEX for OPUS.

Open the Logging settings and enable the toggle Backup source data for RINEX.

Satellite settings and update rate stay the same as in GNSS settings. Eventually, you’ll receive two logs: one for OPUS in RINEX format, a second in UBX that you can convert to RINEX via Emlid Studio and use for Stop & Go or in other post-processing software.

1 Like

I think I see, so the UBX file will contain data from the satellite systems necessary for use in Stop & Go, while the RINEX file will adhere to that OPUS preset with just the GPS system?

EC

Not exactly. The UBX file records everything that Emlid studio needs to convert to Rinex appropriately so that opus can use. Apparently, the Rinex format may be possible to covert using studio in the future.

Evan,

RINEX file will be tailored for OPUS requirements according to our preset. UBX file will contain the data from satellite systems enabled in GNSS settings. It may be very helpful since you can convert the UBX file in Emlid Studio, as @Zaz5400 mentioned.

You can play with conversion settings and change satellite systems, log’s interval, RINEX version, even exclude certain satellites. It provides you more flexibility to adjust your log to certain post-processing software or service.

Okay! Thank you both @kirill.pavlyuchuk and @Zaz5400 for your advice on this topic. I went out into the field last week and tinkered with these settings, giving me a better sense of how the units worked and in what configurations. Still much to learn, so I appreciate your help along the way!

EC

1 Like

Hi Evan,

I’m happy to be of help! :smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.