Obtaining Base Coordinates After Base is Shutdown

1. Firmware image and ReachView version. v2.22.0
  2. Detailed problem description. How does observed behavior differ from the expected one?

First time performing an RTK survey with 2 x RS2 receivers.

My problem is that I did NOT record (write down or download) the Base LLH at the time of survey. Because I do not have the Base LLH used at the time of survey I cannot translate my survey to my base PPP coordinates.

Also I did NOT log RTCM data on the rover.

I DO have RINEX and LLH log files for the base, but I assume that the positions in these files will not perfectly match Base Coordinate generated by the Average Single method at the time of base startup.

Absolute Accuracy is important to me and I was planning on using the base RINEX data to process to via PPP to obtain an accurate base location and then adjust my RTK survey based on the difference between the Average Single Base LLH and the PPP Base LLH.

Any ideas on how I can salvage my survey would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Luke

Hi Luke,

Average Single position will not give you absolute accuracy. In this case, the position would be as if it was determined by a single receiver not obtaining corrections. In general, such coordinates are shifted in a few meters from a true value.

However, if you have a RINEX log from the base recorded for more than 2.5 hours, you can find out the absolute base position using PPP.

Learn more about it in our Placing the base guideline.

Do you have RINEX from your rover as well? In that case you can post-process your whole survey and this way recover it.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.