Nuwa RS2

I have tried the NUWA software and in the RS2 it works very well !!! The electronic bubble shows it on the screen, but it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Maybe the NUWA app has to be updated to work? Good luck with that.

@huelsmann

I already did an update, but the electronic bubble doesn’t work

Hi,
Luis
Nuwa app can it working with RS+ ? And what is the setting

Hello !!! In RS2 it works very well, but in RS + there is a very high PDOP indication. I think it must be designed for L1 / L2 and that there is NMEA information that is not valid for RS +.
You must enable Rover BT and output correction in NMEA in ReachView. Then you have to configure the BT of the Nuwa.

1 Like

I guess I meant Tersus needs to update it to work with Emlid… do doubt that will happen since competitors. But may ReachView would need to be updated by Emlid for it to work? Same for MicroSurvey FieldGenius (but assume MicroSurvey and Emlid would work together on that!) I don’t know, just a guess.

2 Likes

I don’t think it happens either, it would be good if rechview has more potential, a local coordinate system and to be able to stakeout points on a line! a surveyor doesn’t need more than that

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wait for Emlid to develop fully functioning survey software, just use FieldGenius or the like…or FG for Android?

1 Like

I asked for the trial version but I still couldn’t test it because it only works on a tablet

1 Like

Luis, what values did you use on modelo de antena?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,
@assiel_23 Nuwa app works very well with RS+, you can find settings in this forum else I can give you all settings by screenshots, @agrimgalina electronic bubble doesn’t work simply the RS2 does not have a tilt sensor module (electronic component-hardware).

1 Like

Thank you, if with your screenshots I can solve the PDOP difference in RS + I will thank you. But it is not a problem of confuguracion, there is some standard instruction that is not compatible with nuwa. PDOP in nuwa 3.3 and in rechview 1.4. In RS2 if it works well

a PDOP for Nuwa App is not important ! only HRMS and VRMS and type of solution of course that can be configured in common config, so no point can be collected if one of these conditions is not met.

here the antenna config

and here Connection config

1 Like

Thanks Zinou !! the high PDOP does not give me security, Fieldgenius does not allow me to save the measurements with that PDOP

I think the hardware is there in the form of an IMU (9DOF) and the same even for the RS/RS+ but it apparently isn’t utilized yet in the ReachView software. I am “guessing” this may be a new added feature for the RS2 in the not so far future, but probably withheld from the RS/RS+…would hope not, but probably the case how things tend to go. : /

It will, but you have to override the tolerance or adjust the settings to allow to store the measured point depending on what tolerance you allow.

3 Likes

@timd1971 maybe an EMLID engineer could answer that.
@agrimgalina I think that Radius and Phase center data come into consideration when slant type of antenna is used, to be quiet I use Vertical (Pole + distance between the mark and buttom + the thikness of the adapter.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are lots of posts about people getting the data from the IMU successfully. It’s just a matter of implementing it.

2 Likes