Ntrip server problems

My Reach doesn’t work in static mode either (with NTRIP client, only way I have to test right now). It works fine in kinematic mode with the same settings otherwise. Since my test setup isn’t moving, I thought static mode would provide a better solution, but I get no float or fix, usually just the “-”.

-Max

Hi!

Just tested Reach in static mode with NTRIP corrections and can not confirm this issue. Could you check the credentials again?

Regarding the lack of a good solution status, I could suggest better antenna placement. 5 green bars on the satellite chart is almost always a must for getting good solution. Also, check that the baseline length to your base station is no more than 10 km.

5 satellites in L1 to fix RTK is even just a minimum and that was the idea to use dual frequency receivers in the past (GPS) to double the observations. Now that we have GPS and GLONASS, GNSS L1 is performing very well in RTK but you do need more than 5 satellites otherwise initialization time can take 10’ to 20’ and when you lost the lock you will have to wait again ! As it has been designed for UAV, normally when you are in the air there will never be a problem to use GNSS L1 RTK but on the ground you will cope with multi path’s and less satellites. There is no free lunch in high accuracy GNSS RTK.

MAX from Leica (I have been the Program Director for Leica SpiderNET and therefore you may well imagine I do know what is behind :wink:) supposes RTK-LIB process “Master Auxiliary” approach which is not ! In short you need a special processor for doing so ! i-MAX is the “individualized” version of MAX which is the same than VRS. So I would suggest you to use only VRS or i-MAX and of course never FKP or MAX. On the other end the government authority managing the GNSS Network should easily add a new NTRIP service in their list as VRS can be inserted within few seconds. They look so much “Leica” only. Here in Belgium Leica SpiderNET has been configured for VRS, FKP, i-MAX and MAX (also near RTK) …

Great tip here. Do you have more “in deapth” info about leica spidernet in norway?
I`ve read all on their page.

I would like buy one Reach RS and use it connected at GNSS network of Lazio. I read that here are some people that used this device in Italy. I used for a test one skytraq + RTKlib 2.4.3 and only after a lot of try I obtained some fix. I use MAX mount point and I have changed some others setting. Can someone tell me if is possible use the Reach RS with succes using our regional GNSS? What precision it obtain?

Hi Davide,

You will see a much better performance with Reach RS compared to skytraq and rtklib 2.4.3. What kind of baseline (distance from rover to the base station) do you have in your area?

The nodes of stationary network have 40-35 km of distance. Usualy I work at maximum 15 km.

How to set mount point in Base? whether i should set in SNIP or what sir? please replay sir