NTRIP Fieldgenius vs Reach RS2

Hi, how do you set up Reach RS2 and Microsurvey FieldGenius. You set NTRIP corrections in Microsurvey FieldGenius app or you have them set directly in Reach RS2. What is better?

Set them in Reachview and start up as normal. Feel genius uses the Bluetooth connections to get the corrections from FieldGenius. One thing you will have to do is change the type of Bluetooth communication to ERB if you are using the Android version.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried. Set NTRIP corrections in Reach. But I had to keep NMEA, with ERB - Emlid Reach Binary protocol it didn’t work.

Yes, according to MicroSurvey FieldGenius, when using their software on a Windows PC Tablet running Win7/8/10, the Bluetooth Position Output Tab should be set to NMEA, but when using the Android version, it should be set to the ERB format.
Weird thing is that they say they no longer support the Windows CE data collectors. I will have to pull out my older data collector and see if that is still valid. I know it was usable before I switched to the Android version using the NMEA protocol.

"FieldGenius can be used with EMLID’s highly affordable GPS solution. Some notes:

• Network Rover RTK solution only with the RS model, Radio Base-Rover Connection not supported.
  • Network Rover RTK and Radio Base-Rover Connection supported with RS+ and RS2 model.
  • FieldGenius Windows must be run on a Windows 7, 8 or 10 computer/tablet. Windows Mobile, embedded or Windows CE operating systems are not supported.
  • RS+ antenna offset: 65mm
  • RS2 antenna offset: 134mm"

Here is the link to their setup guides for the different versions of FieldGenius:
Setup Guides for EMLID Reach RS with FieldGenius
https://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1436

3 Likes

Thanks

Hi @krumpal.patrik,

You can configure MicroSurvey FieldGenius to receive the corrections from the NTRIP caster and transmit them to Reach RS2 via Bluetooth. At the same time, Reach RS2 can output its position to FieldGenius app via Bluetooth. Please check this docs section that explains how to set it up.

Please note that we recommend using NMEA as a position output format.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Note that FieldGenius for Android requires ERB for the bluetooth corrections.

1 Like