No. of triggers are more than images

we are using emlid RM2 for the past few years and It works well but recently we have faced one weird behavior in which we found a very high no. of triggers in events.pos file as compared to the actual no. of images.

can someone please resolve the issue as it’s essential for us and urgent otherwise, we will need to recapture the data which will cost the additional cost.

sample raw files and processed .pos files can be found here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1USJT34KuDg_WkkbM8VI9tgpl4mYBQdCV?usp=share_link

in my case, i am facing the following issue

1. my .pos file contains around 9000 events which is basically the path traversed by drone

2. but my events.pos file also contains events more than 100o which is very weird

I am flying the same setup since 2 months and all the hardware is proper and working.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1USJT34KuDg_WkkbM8VI9tgpl4mYBQdCV?usp=share_link

Hi Tanuj,

Welcome to our community forum!

Thank you for the files! I’ve checked them, but I also need the exact number of photos in each dataset. It’s necessary for a proper comparison.

I’d also note that all events have FLOAT solution. It happens because rover logs have poor quality. Take a look at these screenshots:

There are many red bars that mean cycle slips. They appear when the satellite signal disrupts, or there’s substantial interference nearby. You can also see that all observations have low SNR that oscillates periodically.

All these factors show us that Reach M2 is affected by strong interference noises. They are usually caused by the drone’s electronics. You may need to reconsider your hardware setup to avoid this. I’d recommend isolating Reach from all potential interference sources and wrapping it with aluminum foil. You can read our guide to find out more about it.

1 Like

Hi All,
I have same problem…
when I doing ground test… the number of event and image is same…
but when, I’m doing test flight the number of event and image is difference …
the number of image is 104 photos… but the number of event is 3270 … this is very strange … :frowning:

please help me…

the my data:
http://bit.ly/3Y0s3RN

Hi Akun,

Thank you for the files! I’ve examined them and see that this number of events is caused by invalid time marks in the log. The log includes 117 proper time marks and 3153 invalid time marks.

Hence, Emlid Studio outputs 3270 events (117+3153). It’s worth showing to the devs, and I’ve already passed this data to the team for further investigation.

As a workaround for now, I’ve fixed your RINEX log. I removed all invalid time marks from the log, and post-processed it in Emlid Studio. Just in case, I’ve attached the rover log and pos files here in the zip archive.

Akun Free data.zip (5.5 MB)

As for invalid time marks, they may be caused by the interference impact. The rover log is quite noisy: you can see red and gray bars on the plot.

These bars mean cycle slips that appear in the log when the signal is interrupted.

Please share the photos of your hardware setup, so I’ll be able to check if there are interference sources nearby. Furthermore, please note that Reach should be isolated from all potential interference sources and electronics to reduce the interference impact. You can read this section of our docs explaining this matter.

Ok @kirill.pavlyuchuk thanks for your response…

but yesterday we are doing test flight again… and we change settings the update rate is 10Hz and logging interval is 1s… and the result so far is good…

so, can I use this settings…?
or, need I using isolating for our emlid M2…?

Hi Akun,

Please send me your logs from this flight for analyzing. I’ll check their quality and provide you with further recommendations.

I’d also examine the Full system report from the device. Please share all mentioned data via PM or write us to support@emlid.com.

Hi Akun,

Indeed, changing the logging update rate helped to eliminate invalid time marks. So, you can leave these settings.

However, I’d still recommend you isolating Reach from potential interference or wrapping it in aluminum foil. The logs’ quality leaves much to be desired, despite the fact that I obtained almost 100% of FIX in both flights by setting Elevation mask to 20 and Glonass AR to Off:

Moreover, the first flight has 81 events, but the photos’ number is 83. That’s how the interference can affect time marks registration.

Hello kirill,

Can you please explain what to be isolated from other electronics, the RM2 module or its antenna or the antenna cable.

if possible please tr to share some ideal setup photos in which RM2 is isolated from other electronics or covered by aluminium foil

Hi Aniket,

Both Reach M2 and GNSS antenna should be isolated from possible interference. You can check antenna placements requirements in our guide.

Aluminum foil is indeed a good way of isolating Reach M2.

It’s quite hard to share exact photos of a perfect setup that will suit in your case, because each setup is unique. However, following our recommendations regarding Reach’s and antenna placement usually helps eliminate interference issues.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.