No NMEA messages (POSITION OUTPUT on Reach M+) after firmware update

Not getting NMEA message output after firmware update of REACH m+. I updated from firmware 2.17 to 2.22 and now I am not getting any NMEA messages outputted out of the serial port. Previously I was getting all messages printed except GGA (which is a second issue) . I updated the firware in hopes to resolve this issue but now I am not seeing any messages at all.

Example of message prior to update:

Question 1: Why is the GGA message not present and how enable it ?

Question 2: Why am I not seeing any messages after update

same setup.

Thanks in advance.

Update resets everything, check your app pages.

Glad you brought this up.

@tatiana.andreeva is there a way to save your settings them load them in again after the update process?

I just updated mine after my beta tester had iPhone connection issues. I had to redo each page manually. Would be nice to reload settings.

I see this as an issue of deploying larger numbers of emlids.

2 Likes

Hey there,

@akhedr.0391,

It looks like the device has no solution status: that’s why NMEA strings are empty. Please, make sure it shows at least SIngle in the Status tab.

@PotatoFarmer,

Usually, the firmware update should not reset the settings to default. However, the reflashing procedure indeed resets them.

It’d be great if you create a separate thread with the description of the issue. A screencast would be of much help there.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.