I suspect the wifi chip may have been fried on my RS+ head.
- On the last two jobs, data collection slowed substantially on Reachview 3 app. A “4” second observation time took over 30 seconds to collect.
- I tried letting the head cool down in shade, and it seemed to help, but that may be coincidental.
- I restarted the receiver, and it took many attempts to connect.
- My device is normally about 1 meter from the head, so it was not range issues.
- I tried with Reachview 2 and Reachview 3 with similar issues.
- On the last project, I was able to connect once, and then it stopped connecting at all from a mobile device.
- The wifi hotspot appears fine and shows good strength of signal.
- I brought the receiver to my home wifi where it will connect automatically. I placed the receiver immediately adjacent to the wifi router. It does obtain an IP address on the local network. I’m unable to connect through the http app.
- I ping the IP address and get 100% timeout when it is attempting to connect to the http the app, and 100% success when it is at rest, though with varying ping times from 64ms to 4 seconds. This makes me think any load on the wifi causes it to burn out.
- The blue light appears normal, and the device appears on the Receivers list in Reachview.
I will try to SSH in and get logging data in the meantime. It had overheating issues last year so I’m curious about that.