No gps on pixhawk

Hello, I’m not sure about the forum category… please apologize if it’s not the right one.

I have a reach M+ and a pixhawk (yellow cube on standard carrier board).
I set up with Emlid flow to send gps position to the S1 port, nmea, 38400 bauds

The serial 4 port (=GPS2) of the pixhawk is set up to receive nmea gps at 38400 bauds but I still have the “no GPS” message on mission planner…

here is my config file if you want to check :

The S1 port is directly connected to the GPS2 port with a brand new straight wire.

Thank you for your help

Hi @jbh,

Welcome to our community!

Have you followed our guide about ArduPilot Integration? The settings from there usually help, so I’d recommend checking them first.

If you face the same issue with the settings from the guide, I’d also ensure that the Reach M+ has a good satellite reception. You can find the satellite signals’ SNR in Emlid Flow.

Obviously yes, I always look for solutions by myself before I post on a forum.

Emlid flow show a good GPS signal with lot of satellites fix. The problem is it’s not detected by the ardupilot… I checked several times all the parameters.

Is it normal if there is only the orange led on when it’s power supplied by the serial port?

Hi @jbh,

Is it normal if there is only the orange led on when it’s power supplied by the serial port?

It usually means that the receiver doesn’t get enough power. We recommend supplying Reach from an external power source in case of a Pixhawk connection.

How do you provide your receiver with a power supply? Does it help if you use an external power source?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.