New to PPK and on a deadline

Hi Joe,

I’m glad to help and answer your questions down below :slight_smile:

I see that you’re going to measure volumes in the open pit: Adding Emlid UAV kit or Topodrone to P4PV2

The relative accuracy is enough for volume measurement. The accuracy on the base matters when you need absolute accuracy.

On Reach M+, you can’t choose both GLONASS and BeiDou systems for tracking at the same time.

However, you can switch GLONASS to BeiDou. As you are located in Australia, BeiDou should be more effective than GLONASS in your region.

For the drone flight, it is better to have 5 Hz or 10 Hz, depending on the speed. With the higher rate, you will have a more accurate track.

1 Hz rate is recommended for Base as it is static.

When you’re averaging the base’s position, there is no need to enter the antenna height.

Actually, the ReachView 3 app doesn’t allow you to enter the antenna height when you do the averaging. Can you share the screenshot of the window where you’re asked to do that?

Yes, the newest available RINEX format in Reach M+, V3.03, will be the most reliable solution. Unlike RINEX 2.XX, it can store QZSS, Galileo, and BeiDou raw data. It also has a mixed NAV data file which simplifies post-processing.

You’ve done the right thing by coming to the forum. Other surveyors and our technical support team can help with your questions and save your time!

I guess our guide about mapping with RTK modules can be of great help to you. It covers the most tricky moments in PPK mapping. I also recommend updating both units to the latest firmware version, V27.1, as it contains valuable improvements for PPK mapping.

Good Luck with your project!

1 Like