New to navio+ and novice

Ok done: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB5819BE35EE64C8!185300&authkey=!AAD3zfF64BrtY9Q&ithint=file%2Cxlsx

Final thoughts before ordering. Note you could reduce the number of propellers purchased but really they are so cheap. The motor is a little bit more (2 of these better ones for 33 = ~16.50 each instead of 1 combo for 15 with 2 propellers = ~14 less the propellers) but I think well worth it. First because with the self-tightening prop adapters built-in you save overall weight but mainly because they are much stronger in both ways (rotating faster at 980Kv with more strength to compensate, so more power and more likely to survive a crash).

The biggest risk is one of the delivered components doesnā€™t work. So either you accept a potential delay of a couple of weeks (we talked about already), or order an extra set of motors. But as these are super strong motors, Iā€™d take the risk of just getting 2 sets (4 motors, 2 CW, 2CCW in total).

I will order about 8 hours later (this evening over here). If you really want to you could switch back to the original motors+propeller set but then you need the other propellers (not self-tightening, set of 4 black from one of my previous posts). Your choice, I prefer much better qualify/robustness for a very small amount extra.

p.s. I put 2 frames in because I always have a spare when they are super cheap (15 euro). You probably want ot remove it to reduce the price a bit? Maybe you want to reduce the number of prop sets (1CW + 1CCW) to 4 rather than 8 so you only have 4 spare? Well Itā€™s just 7 euro difference for the props and 15 euros difference for the frame. Props are more likely to break than the frame. Also the delay and cost of shipping (same or more than) a replacement frame needs to be considered. If you have access to a 3D printer at Uni then you could always print a replacement frame arm, albeit not so pretty or strong as the original ghost arm. Also if the PDB breaks you could join wires directly instead. But that would be a real mess and delay, for the sake of 20 euro in the total budget. Think about it.

2 Likes

ya I check on the final list Tony and iā€™m pretty much impressed with the way you suggest. Iā€™m happy about the budget and it has cut down a lot. Interesting,
Iā€™ve some final queries to answer for you
1.Would be there a problem replacing the motors with these.(4 motors I will buy the combo thing)
Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking ? (I will buy eight props separate http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__90883__Self_Tightening_Propeller_9450_Black_CW_CCW_2pcs_.html so i could have 16 in total)

2.Should wait for another week to make way for you to build. Or shall I order the components right away?

On second examination the problem with that motor-prop combo is the thread/nut is not directional. So it would only be safe with ā€œDJI slottedā€ style propellers. The self-tightening propellers only work with direction threads, i.e. different CW/CCW prop adapters/motors.

Best get the same as I put on the list. Two motors with correct thread CW/CCW for 33 euro is same or cheaper than two separate motors for 15 plus prop adapter. There are some older motors which are one or two dollars less but itā€™s really not sensible to downgrade the most important parts for the saje of a couple of dollars. The motor I chose should be better/stronger too. If a cheaper motor fails/breaks sooner you already lost over the cost of a stronger motor.

1 Like

Ya sure i will do it as saidā€¦and what about waiting for another week shall I buy of the components or shall I wait till you get your component and build it

I will buy tonight. The problem with HK is things go out of stock randomly then are unavailable for weeks. If something major is no longer available we might have to replan the whole build.

Oh correct then I would better parallely order then?

I will PM you later. Then you know. Just a couple of hours. Tip: go to each HK product page and wait for a few minutes. A popup will offer you a discount. Start with the most expensive items (to try and get the most discount).

1 Like

p.s. some links were for EU store (also available international) . When you open links double-check location and change when necessary. You will get an error if you try to buy from two stores anyway.

Sure will check on it. And since we are using pi2 complete package with camera module we arenā€™t thinking second chances of getting any fixed cam

All done. No more changes were necessary. I canā€™t imagine anything that is forgotten. If there is something it should be small that we can source locally.

Next update when it arrivesā€¦

The person who requested help here cancelled out on me AFTER all the warnings about costs and my good will (which turned out to be stupidity) offer to match the build in order to teach him. He waited until after I told him several times (also via many PMs not visible here) that I was about to order, that he canā€™t do it!!! Wā€¦ Tā€¦ Fā€¦

Sighā€¦ I wanted to build a 450 ghost anyway, but I probably would have done it later and a LOT of my time was wasted on silly discussions here about something he never even had budget or permission to buy. Now he wants to buy a 250 RTF from HK with undersized motors and tiny battery and strap a heavy RasPi and Navio on top of it. Good luck!

For the benefit of the community I will complete the 450 ghost build and post to the projects here. Sheez :scream::-1::black_joker:

Students, kidsā€¦ UAVs are serious pieces of equipment with a price tag to match. You are gambling your career and safety if you think itā€™s like playing around with a toy for your final exams!!!

@Sriharsha_Keshav if you are lucky Emlid may give you a refund. The lost postage and time is much better than a complete disaster which sadly to say you are heading towards quickly. In your price range it would make much more sense to go to Hackster.io or Adafruit, copy one of their ā€œcoolā€ projects and complete it with the RasPi you have left over. If you donā€™t get a refund, then stick some cheap servos on the PWM outputs of the Navio and make a DIY project of some kind. Perhaps you could get APM Rover working with toy RC car parts (the full size parts for rovers can also be expensive).

2 Likes

Pitty it ended this way, but I would see the benefit others may have by reading through this thread. People always seem to start at the deep end of the pool. RC itself is a wide field of knowledge and then you have to add Linux, APM etcā€¦
I still have a lot of fun, just flying a quad with a KK board.:smiley:

2 Likes

Canā€™t say I didnā€™t see that coming. That guy was ridiculous.

I would like to thank you for being such a self less good person @CodeChief . I would never spend the time and energy you did to help someone so demanding. Your a good guy donā€™t let this jade you.

2 Likes

THanks Tonywall anyways you are not still getting the math that I asked you a suggestion regarding RTF because a similar friend of mine electronic geek is trying to wrap up things with that. Instead you thought Iā€™m to change my plan wrecking into a disaster. Iā€™ve no intentions to play with a personā€™s time and money and I have more better work to do than that. Inspite of constant query with PM that it was just a query you turned to let me down without a help. Even at this point I have no second thoughts of changing plan. About the RTF it was information I needed to give to my friend who isnā€™t not yet known about emlid and another forums.Anyways thanks for helping till this time.If you are thinking that Im trying to cheat you sorry I wonā€™t gain anything from that, Iā€™m guy who is trying convince my teammates with knowledge gained from this forum not to make story with them how I played around with some other guyā€™s personal interest of helping me get through with my project.If I had to cheat you Tony I would had never returned back to you after your ghost f450 MAV order FYI. Thank you