Never get RTK Solution

This has no effect, as the coordinates are manually set. Only have an effect if you derive a position for your own base from NTRIP or the like.

3 Likes

It may be best to try to figure 1 thing out at a time to see if dropped rover works correctly. (Also how high off ground did it fall, and on what? Hard concrete?)

I’d personally test using the good base and fallen rover using LoRa and the basic quickstart settings. No CORS, no VRS etc settings.

Set them apart about a few meters, physically measure the base line for horizontal for now. You’ll have to check vertical later over a known point etc.

1 Like

You need to set your Antenna Height for BOTH.

I’d also try not using a manual point for base yet. But use default SINGLE for a couple minutes or so for BASE, then see if rover gets a fix then measure your baseline.

Your SNR still looks bad and shouldn’t be with that good clear sky view. You shoukd have lots of green bars, instead of orange.

But you may have to try different combinations of available satellite constellations and Update Rate.

I am in the USA, does anyone know why he wouldnt be using GLONASS also (After disabling different sats, and adjusting update rate to unlock the GLONASS?) Yes, beidou seems the absolute best choice with so many available in his region.

2 Likes

Hi Pat,
Have you tried making a reset to your affacted receiver by clicking “Reset setting to default” button to return all settings to factory configuration ? maybe it can resolve your problem.

3 Likes

it drop from 2m height with pole to asphalt concrete ground
i will check it with 2 known point 100m apart
but with lora i can do good rover/fallen base to FIX
and i can check rapid static with good base / fallen rover?

1 Like

after fallen and can switch on, i do reflash it with latest firmware
but i will do reset.
thank you.

Just reset to default first without reflash and see…

2 Likes

I have a hard time believing this would be a hardware-issue. Hardware issues doesn’t show themselves by missing strings in GUI.
A firmware reflash would be my first go-to.

2 Likes

Do this while in the field while away from PC, it’s just simpler right now … then if still problems, then reflash.

I wouldnt mess with CORS etc yet. I’d start fresh, get your settings right and test via LoRa ONLY (between your base and rover) and physically measure your baseline to make sure your Rover is functional. Then go from there.

2 Likes

Yes I prefer a firmware reflash as a latest solution.

2 Likes

I did reset to default
and rtk with LoRa
but no luck ROVER did not receive BASE position

here are ROVER screenshot

1 Like

i did reflash and LoRa with default settings
finally the ROVER get the BASE position :slight_smile:
but float not get fix yet
i will do more test with good weather on known baseline
thank you

1 Like

it’s already good !

1 Like

I really think if you follow the QuickStart video EXACTLY, you will get everything working. (1:51 in)
You are CORRECT about selecting BEIDOU over GLONASS for your REGION though. That would be the only difference in the video.
See important part at 2:02 in.

Problem i see in rover screen shots, too many RTCM3 messages checked etc. Replicate video instead for now, then tweak messages later of ones you need don’t need.

If still trouble, I would email Emlid support to see if they can help with your specific region for the EXACT optimal settings including which RTCM3 messages to enable and what rate.

1 Like

Yes, in better situation but not stable like before fallen

i set up BASE / ROVER with 1.268 m baseline (but not open area)
BASE : set up with known coordinate
send output correction with LoRa /after several trial the final RTCM3 = GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/BEIDOU

Base Set up

ROVER : correction input with LoRa , Finally I can get FIX with this set but I confused about the more GNSS Select but lower total sattellite. I will find out optimal RTCM3 and RTK Setting to lower air data rate (which affact to working distance ?)
Thank you for all your Help.

GNSS Select > GPS/BEIDOU gives 22 sats

GNSS Select > GPS/Galileo/SBAS/QZSS/BEIDOU gives 16 sats ?

GNSS Select > GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/SBAS/QZSS gives 12 sats with FLOAT

You’re getting somewhere at least, but really just do as the quickstart video shows but use Beidou instead of GLONASS. Use the typical LoRa settings in video for now.

your first screen shows average FIX for base? This needs to be average SINGLE or enter known point manually one or the other.

1 Like

How long in between your attempts? You need to let it discover the sky after you change the rtk settings.

1 Like

If you have an NTRIP connected to your base, I see no problem with average fix being used establish the base coordinates.

1 Like

Thank you @wizprod about the average fix if using NTRIP. I do not use NTRIP so did not know that… was trying to get him started on square one first. Then tackle the rest (NTRIP, CORS ETC) once he knows his base and rover are working fine with LoRa.

I hope he is having some success. Seems he should with the right settings… his dropped rover is probably just fine
; )

1 Like