NEO-6T dongle configuration

I’m evaluating two NEO-6T dongles to try to see its performance with RTKLIB. I managed to configure raw data out through u-center, so I’m receiving stuff, but those settings do not seem to be persisted. I’m mostly configuring through:
UBX->PRT: Target: 3-USB, protocol out: raw and then verifying in UBX->MSG if the settings are correctly changed. Usually they are. Then I go to UBX->CFG to “save current configuration” to flash (i also clicked all of them). Then just in case, I also click “save configuration” in the Receiver menu, which probably does just the same.

When I do not remove the dongle, it all works fine. However, on a power cycle, everything is lost and I need to do the config again. I had expected that the flash settings would be used instead.

Is this expected behavior, because the dongle doesn’t have an onboard battery (BBR) ?

Does anyone have a script that can be used in RTKLIB to configure the dongle every time a session is started?

Yes, this is expected behaviour. We are right now updating documentation and tutorials where we will have all this info. For now you can check “Commands at startup” and paste the following commands into the text box:

!UBX CFG-RATE 200 1 1 
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 16 0 1 0 1 0 0 
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 17 0 1 0 1 0 0

Ah, ok. thanks! I also turn off NMEA except for two:

!UBX CFG-MSG 240 0 0 0 0 1 # NMEA GGA
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 1 0 0 0 0 # NMEA GLL
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 2 0 0 0 0 # NMEA GSA
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 3 0 0 0 0 # NMEA GSV
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 4 0 0 0 1 # NMEA RMC
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 5 0 0 0 0 # NMEA VTG
!UBX CFG-MSG 240 8 0 0 0 0 # NMEA ZDA

For others reading this thread: the 0’s and 1’s at the end indicate the interface on which to turn on/off the message. 240/x refers to the message class and ID. (as well as 2/16 and 2/17).

Just done this and I managed to get a solution.

1 Like

This will be of great help. For my fixed RTKLIB GPS RAW I want to use the dongle just streaming the appropriate digital data from the dongle to an RF data transmitter. Probably run off of a solar charged battery or supercapacitor. Really simple solution, but it would not work if I had to go reset it every time the power dropped. Thanks.

Hello,
Can you tell me how to change the baudrate to 115200 by !UBX CFG-PRT? and I want to learn the !UBX CFG code,can you give me some useful massage?Thank you very much!

Please refer to the protocol description.

Hy
i tried to use a Ublox Lea-6T to collect raw data but I’m not able to recevie a position

I tried to configure with U center but I’m not albe to remove the UBX mon VEr message

Can you help me ?

Francesco

assuming you are using a usb connexion
try these lines:
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 16 0 0 0 1
!UBX CFG-MSG 2 17 0 0 0 1

dan marcotte

HY Dan

thx for input but I can receive the signal but no position …

Some weeks ago all worked perfectly but unfortunately I lost the config and now I’m not able to recover

any help appreciated

Francesco