Need to buy additional GPS receivers, but have questions first?

I am really interested in purchasing the RS2+ bundle as my firm is expanding on the number of projects we are doing at one time is increasing. Currently, I am using Geodes but I like the idea that you could use these as a rover and base? In the rover and base mode are you limited to only using their collections platform or can you use ArcGIS Field Maps?

Also, I cant find any information on where this product is made or the country of origin. Some of the tightening of regulations of Chinese made equipment is certainly a consideration.

Thanks

You can use whatever, as long as it supports NMEA0183 input (by far most do).

Hi Paul,

You’re right, each device can be used either as a base or a rover. It’s just a question of configuration.

If you prefer collecting data with Field Maps, it’s possible on Android devices. We even have a guide about integration workflow. But still, to configure the devices, you need to use ReachView 3. And we’re open to any feature requests! If there is something specific ReachView 3 misses, please let us know.

Our devices are designed in Hungary and manufactured in China. But I’ve never heard about any issues related to regulations. We have a lot of users all around the world and also dealers. If you wouldn’t mind sharing your concerns, I’m pretty sure we’ll sort them out.

Here is the specific information that I am referring to in regard to China manufacturing:

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2019 (Section 889) requires federal government purchase cardholders to obtain assurance from merchants that merchants are not using telecommunications equipment, systems, or services produced by Huawei Technologies Company or ZTE Corporation, (or any subsidiary or affiliate of these companies); or video surveillance and telecommunications equipment produced by Hytera Communications
Corporation, Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Company, or Dahua Technology Company (or any subsidiary or affiliate of such entities). The merchant assurance is provided as a “representation” signed by the merchant’s authorized representative.

So the main question is who is doing the manufacturing there in China and do they have any relationship to the listed companies?

Hi Paul,

We’re not affiliated in any way with the companies you listed. So, I believe there shouldn’t be any issues. Also, we’ve recently opened the US store, so all the devices are shipped from our US warehouse. You can find it here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.